Title: Office 365 Security Engineer
Location: Vancouver, BC
Duration: 6 months contract
- Deliver subject matter expertise of Office 365 with emphasis in security, architectural design, migration, management and support of implementations.
- Provide overall Office 365 security expertise including strong knowledge of Azure Active Directory, Azure Information Protection, Information Rights Management, single sign-on and multi-factor authentication and related technologies (including Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security).
- Deploy Office 365 security features including Exchange Online Protection, DKIM, SPF, and DMARC
- Deploys Active Directory Synchronization, modern authentication, Office Advanced Threat Protection, ADFS, two factor authentications, DLP policies, etc.
- Demonstrate consultative capabilities by providing value added information to clients for connecting technology, security and the business value of Office 365.
- Drive Office 365 security adoption and lead technical effort to enable Azure Information Protection.
- Lead and participate in ongoing Office 365 security and strategy discussions.
- Stay current of all things Office 365, including changes & updates, roadmap & releases, and third-party solutions.
- Document system configurations, standards and procedures.
- Collaborate with the O365 team in ensuring the secure advancement of company-wide projects by creating secure solutions and meeting security requirements.
Qualification and Experience:
- Expert in Microsoft Active Directory and associated technologies (Group Policy, Kerberos, DNS, DHCP)
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related degree
- Strong knowledge and experience in the below areas:
- Exchange Online, Exchange 2013/2016
- SharePoint Online, SharePoint 2010
- Intune (Conditional Access \ MDM \ MAM)
- Clients (Outlook, Outlook for Mac, IMAP, POP3, Mobile Devices)
- OneDrive for Business
- Office 365 tenant
- Permissions (Tenant \ Security & Compliance Center \ Exchange Online)
- PowerShell scripting skills desired
- Data Loss Prevention, Archiving, eDiscovery and Compliance is a plus
- Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project inter dependencies
- Excellent communication, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- 2 years of proven experience with Office 365 security features