- Job Title: Network Technician
- Type: Contract
- Duration: 4 Weeks (possibility of a further 4- weeks extension)
- Location: Vancouver, BC V6B 1K8
- Hours/Week: 1 to 2 days/ week 8 to 10 hours/week
- Start Date: ASAP
The Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the internal corporate networks. This role will be responsible for documenting, implementing, and testing complex infrastructure in support of staff and customer needs.
As a member of the IT team supporting operations worldwide, the Network Engineer will provide a mix of onsite and remote support as required, and demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, optimize costs, and build confidence in the networks’ security capabilities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Implementation, administration, documentation, and support of all network devices within our client’s internal corporate networks.
- Ensure redundancy and stability of all critical network devices.
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the network monitoring and management systems, including configuration management and network health checks.
- Perform network assessments and security audits.
- Document all network infrastructure and update documentation as changes are made (change management).
- Communication with stakeholders and users as required, keeping them informed of incident progress, and notifying them of planned changes or outages.
- Field, review and resolve network issues escalated through the ticketing system.
- Research and development for key IT infrastructure and strategies.
- At least 5 years of Network Technician/Engineering experience in a variety of environments.
- A relevant technical degree: any incumbent must be committed to self-development including lifelong learning, regardless of their formal education.
- Technical skills need to include Switching & Routing, WAN, voice technologies, wireless, VPN at a minimum.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- A willingness to embrace and live the core values of Network Innovations.