Job Title: Network & Security Engineer
Type: Contract - 6 months
Location: Mississauga, ON
Reporting to the Manager, IT Service and Support, The Network & Security Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video and wireless network services. The Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, refresh and support of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain current networking infrastructure by updating firmware and upgrading hardware
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Team player, ready to be a leader or hands on any day, ready to mentor and lead junior members.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network hardware, software, and connections across multiple locations worldwide.
- Maintain a comprehensive network hardware and software configuration repository and all supporting documentation for relevant systems.
- Analyze and cleanup current network configurations for performance and security improvements
- Implement and support the creation of Information Security strategies and practices
- Ownership of security tasks and programs as assigned
- Ensure the 24/7 system/network uptime as an escalation point to production operations on-call staff
- Perform other related duties and projects as required
- Ability to travel as required to St Thomas location (4 times per month, just for the day
Qualification and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience as described by the tasks and responsibilities above
- Experience with common security tools and platforms
- Knowledge in local area network (VLAN, Trunking, Security zones, Layer 3 segregation, Network redundancy) and switching protocols and design
- Experience with Cisco and Palo Alto firewalls
- Experience with Cisco wireless controllers, access points and switches
- Knowledge of security infrastructure design (Cisco ASA, IPSec, Palo Alto, etc.)
- Experience with network capacity planning and techniques and technologies
- Strong communication skills (Written, Verbal, Presentation)
- Experience with public cloud network an asset
- Team player with the desire to self-improve and grow
- Experience in any of the following areas would also be an asset; customs brokerage, importing, exporting, logistics, supply chain systems
- Ability to work under tight timeframes with a keen sense of urgency