Type: Contract (On-Site)
Location: Denver, CO 80202-2686
Duration: 3 years (36 months)
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: September 2024 or sooner if converted to PERM
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
After Hours/Weekends – yes, as required
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time, throughout USA
Hours/Week: 40 hours min.
Pay Rate: Estimate $65.00/hr to $80.00/hr US dollars
***Candidates must be fully vaccinated*****
Overview/ Position Summary
Our client embraces a culture of customer service excellence, and all members of this department are expected to move this agenda forward. To that end, the Senior Network Operations Engineer is expected to recognize that our client department is a service organization first and foremost and will be evaluated on this requirement equal in importance to the technical or operational responsibilities outlined later in this document.
- An in-depth knowledge of Linux-based systems and excellent networking, troubleshooting, tooling, and automation skills
- Responsible for defining standard engineering designs, templates, processes, and procedures for the entire enterprise.
- Proficiency in UNIX utilities and scripting (Python, shell, Java) or similar are required.
- Experience with declarative configuration management, automated build, and deployment,
- Thorough understanding of computer networking protocols and concepts
- Analyzes system performance, modifying parameters to improve throughput and effectively utilize system resources. Monitors resource usage, making required adjustments
- Responsible for implementation of required hardware and/or software for all tier and infrastructures
- Responsible for all aspects of the datacenter network including racking, cabling and power related to the infrastructure including those involving services from providers such as co-location management and carrier services
- Responsible for datacenter services delivery to all local office locations, ensuring performance and operational integrity by maintaining event log collection and analyzing and correlating events,
- Maintains the integrity of the server’s storage systems, network and security devices and overall network infrastructure for the business unit via actively monitoring, troubleshooting, and participating in regular monthly systems patching and upgrade activities
- Responsible for ensuring the physical and virtual security of the Data Center network working with the Security Architecture teams and following the security policies, procedures, and standards
- Coordinates with and participates in activities with vendors as required.
- Participates in the planning, testing and execution of DR/BC procedures including failover and failback between datacenters and across the Firm’s network
- Complies with all department policies, standards, and procedures
- Assist with the deployment and support of systems infrastructure
- Provide input into the development and deployment of co-located, private datacenter systems
Skills & Must Have’s:
§ Candidates must be fully vaccinated
§ Extensive Linux experience
§ 5+ years’ experience in a professional services firm in a technical environment
§ Ability to travel to other offices as needed
§ Ability to work extended and/or weekend hours, as required
§ Experience working in large enterprise environments and expertise in VMWare and SAN technologies, as well as solid automation experience.
§ High familiarity with the installation, configuration, and operation of network equipment such as servers and storage devices, switches, routers, wireless access points, VPN, gateways, and firewalls, also of a variety of makes/models and operating systems
§ Recent experience and/or certifications in the following areas:
§ Network infrastructure - general and Windows-specific
§ Syslog and SNMP-based monitoring systems
§ Server hardware platforms such as blade and rack systems and their management and monitoring facilities; Datacenter, enterprise, and departmental servers for applications
§ Virtual computing, hypervisor types and differences, efficient provisioning of physical resources in a virtual environment
§ An understanding of power and cooling requirements and kW draw based on compute density and datacenter layout
Nice to Have’s:
- VMWare expertise
- UCS blade server experience
- SolarWinds knowledge, strongly preferred
- College degree, preferably in engineering or computer field
- Prior law firm experience