Role: Senior IT Project Manager (Not Bi-Lingual but may be an advantage)
Duration: 12 months, convert to PERM after 1 year potential
Location: North York Ontario OR Calgary OR Montreal
Experience; 5-7 years min.
Travel: Can be to sites across Canada
Hours: Mon-Fri (8AM to 5PM), after hours as required (on occasion)
Work remote & On site with end user
Start Date: Sept 1/2019
- Service delivery or managed deployment experience highly recommended
- Responsible and accountable for all on site delivery
- Work closely with end user
- Be and act as the FACE of Client
- End user enterprise experience
- Roll up the sleeves type of individual, get job done
- At times, manage, build team, help installs and trouble-shoot issues
- Propose solutions to I.T issues and problems with past experience
- Must have excellent clear communications with clients
- Ability to understand and manage to the details (we do not oversee projects, we manage and deliver all aspects!!)
- Ability to manage both customer and vendor deliverables via SOWs
- Experience managing project financials to a defined cost model
- Manage customer and partner expectations
- Ability to quickly learn tools and processes
- Decisive with ability to make logical\sound judgement calls
- Define and document processes and procedures
- Create\maintain standard project management tools (issues\actions, risk , budget and vendor expense)
Job Description Details:
Project Manager: Defines project value proposition, work plan, resource needs, timeline and budget for global projects. Manages resources (i.e., capital requirements and human capital, etc) to complete the project, on time, within scope, and on budget.
- Responsible for following the Project Management Framework (DPMF) throughout the project lifecycle as aligned to PMI.
- Drives all aspects of Project Management activity, including collaborating and coordinating across all of the global organization.
- Drives the development and execution of project plan by working with project team to define, sequence, and estimate duration of activities and determine schedules to meet project objectives.
- Ensures consistency and adherence to Client standards, processes and policies for all projects.
- Manages all aspects of the project execution including chartering, requirements gathering, project planning, change control, risk management and reporting.
- Facilitates and manages resource planning, cost estimation, budget development, project scope, and cost control.
- Manages the identification, resolution and escalation of project risks and issues.
- Plans communication, distributes information as necessary, and provides status reporting.
- Tracks project budget and resource utilization against plan.
- In addition to duties of Project Management Sr. Analyst, responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project. Will communicate with other Senior Project Managers, Functional Area Manager, or Program Manager regarding status of specific projects. Will communicate with a customer company executive regarding the status of the specific projects.
- Under general supervision of the PMO team lead or program manager, and/or under indirect supervision of a manager of project managers or portfolio manager, manages multiple projects or a limited number of larger projects.
- Majority of projects will be Relationship Projects with 1-5 month average project durations, which are medium, high risk with well to moderately defined project scope. Project revenue range is usually $1M + and team size value range is 1 to 10 FTEs. A minimal to moderate level of engagement will be expected to support the sales of services.