Job Title: Microsoft 365 Solution Architect
Location: Mississauga ON L5N 8R9
Our client is one of the leading Digital Transformation Solutions Provider and is currently looking for a Microsoft 365 & Azure Solution Architect (SA) & Practice Lead to focus on designing solutions for a range of customers within the Mid-market space.
The SA will play a key role in shaping the strategy and implementation of their Microsoft 365 (M365) Solution Strategy. The SA will partner with business stakeholders, technology leadership and delivery teams to drive the development of end-to-end solutions. The SA will develop M365 roadmaps and provide technical leadership to key strategic and transformative programs for their Professional Services and Managed Services business. The Architect will primarily be responsible for the creation and rationalization of M365 solutions as well as the communication of the same to both business and technology stakeholders and providing guidance to the delivery teams for its implementation.
Role and Responsibility
- Define end-to-end technical solutions that consider the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environments, Customer constraints and incorporate standardization, automation, and best practices.
- Analyze the viability of the solution to meet product timelines, budget, and quality.
- Present the solution to the leadership team as well as business and technical stakeholders as needed.
- Identify customer pain points and market demand to help define compelling services and solution offerings.
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to translate features and requirements to technical design and act as the lead technical authority on the program or project.
- Work with Data Architecture, Security Architecture, Infrastructure consultants and /or project teams to ensure all aspects of the Microsoft architecture are defined in conjunction with company’s standards, policies, priorities, and best practices.
- Facilitate small to large group meetings for reviewing technical architecture, decision making and problem solving.
- Manage the M365 portfolio in terms of technology currency, business agility, technology evolution, business fit, opportunities to improve efficiencies and TCO.
- Develop the M365 solution artifacts (SOW’s, Reports, Customer Deliverables, Sales collateral) and review with leadership team.
- Design, develop and lead PoCs, independently or in collaboration with the professional and managed services teams to evaluate new technologies, tools, and solutions.
- Achieve Professional Services margin objectives by ensuring the following:
- Identify, evaluate, manage, and execute on strategic customer opportunities.
- Drive the creation of SOW’s for M365 relevant solutions environments with the software and cloud teams focusing on the Enterprise segment.
- Ensure awareness and execution within technical organization of partner margin-enhancing programs as it relates to M365 solutions.
- Serve as initial escalation point for technology related pre-sales issues relating to M365 relevant solution portfolio.
- Partner with sales team to proactively develop plans for professional services with strategic accounts as it relates to M365 solutions.
- Extensive architectural and functional knowledge of the full M365 platform.
- Technical Knowledge of Azure IaaS, PaaS, and Security.
- Experience and knowledge with pre-sales process and activities.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft 365 technologies including Office 365 Exchange Online, EMS, Azure, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, etc.
- Solution design Experience - demonstrated by providing examples of documentation such as proposals, high-level designs and build guides that you have developed.
- Business acumen – Able to assist customers and sales teams in the identification of business requirements and use-cases and the positioning of the solutions to meet business objectives and budgets. The ability to articulate and align the business value Microsoft 365 can deliver to the customer is essential.
- Sales enablement – assist Sales team with guidance and education on the products and solutions across a range of customer sizes and types and inspire the team’s capabilities.
- Customer retention - Act as a trusted adviser to customers through building knowledge of their environments.
- You keep current on industry, market, customers, competitors, and partners as it pertains to the M365 suite of products.
- Collaborative attitude.
- Mentorship skills - sharing technical and functional knowledge with team members and colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Very organized and effective at meeting deadlines.
- Very confident and comfortable interacting with a variety of customers.
- 8 years of experience architecting and implementing solutions on large projects with solid understanding of data, security, resilient systems design, integration, and solution development via project implementations.
- 5+ years of a progressively successful career in Cyber Security.
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects and where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
- Previous success in sales and relationship-building roles.
- Experience in working with strategic partners is a must.
- Must be able to present to large audiences at our customer events and be recognized as a technology leader.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience with program/projects involving complex integration of technologies/platforms across functional technical teams.
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense technology environment with multiple stakeholders.
Certifications – Attain and maintain relevant certifications:
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
Nice to Have:
- AWS Certified Solution Architect