Job Title: Level 1 Maintenance Technician (FLM) – Hamilton
Type: Contract - 6 Months
Location: Hamilton Ontario
Starts: October 7, 2019
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Day to day Task- Break Fix/Deployment services on POS equipment and peripherals
- The technicians will be on the road and that a car will be mandatory and also mileage will be compensated accordingly
- Mandatory skill – POS experience
- Tools – Standard technician tools
Be responsible for basic installation, maintenance, and repairs on equipment within an assigned territory—all while keeping customers completely assured and satisfied. (And in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements, of course.)
Wield your manual skills and perform work on products like ATMs, POS systems, kiosks, single pocket proof encoders, and workstations.
Assist in site preparation, including installation of cable, staging of equipment, and minor testing of equipment.
Maintain stellar records and an appropriate parts inventory.
Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing and stay in contact to make sure we’re providing the best possible service
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
Someone who just can’t help resolving problems before they start. We don’t know how you do it. But keep it coming. Because you’ll be a superstar when it comes to performing periodic preventative maintenance.
Driven to tackle any situation thrown at you, but also confident enough to ask for help when you need it. So if you’re ever feeling stuck in your role as a Service Tech, you’d always pull in the proper associate, team member, or territory manager who can help.
A stickler for record-keeping. Which comes in handy when you’re asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
A High School diploma or equivalent (though we’d prefer an Associate’s Degree).
Ability to communicate (verbal and writing) in both French and English
Up to a year of related experience
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.
Amazing flexibility and a positive attitude. No. Matter. What. (We’re talking some nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and being on call to keep our customers happy.)
Your team in mind, even when you have to work solo.
A strong back. This position may require prolonged travel, rotating shifts, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Have 6 months – 1 year of field service experience doing hardware rollouts, refreshes, and other deployment related activities
- Have A+ certification
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision
- Must be available to work flexible work schedules
- Must have a minimum of a Diploma from a recognized IT program
- Networking, Mechanical and ATM experience will be an asset
Standard tool kit- for example
- Side cutters
- Allen Keys
- Measuring Tape
- Multibit Screwdriver
- 12.7/16 wrench or wrench set