Position: Maintenance Supervisor
Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON
Our client currently has an opening for a Maintenance Supervisor to join their team in Toronto. The successful candidate will supervise a crew of skilled tradesmen and other employees in the execution of preventive maintenance, repair and modification of production machinery, plant equipment, buildings and grounds. They will also be responsible for minimizing down time due to breakdowns by keeping machinery in good operating condition.
- Directs skilled electrical and mechanical tradesmen in the performance of preventive maintenance activities
- Responds quickly to the needs of other departments in directing repairs when breakdowns occur
- Reviews preventive maintenance schedules and all requests for maintenance
- Determines priorities and directs the performance of work required
- When required, obtains the services of external contractors, machine shops, service shops and suppliers of material and equipment, spare parts, labour and other skills
- Ensures that an inventory of essential spare parts and material at levels required to prevent production delays is maintained
- Recommends the purchase of spares not normally kept in stock
- Using the computerized maintenance management system, develops and implements maintenance procedures
- Records required data in the computerized maintenance management system
- Manipulates the Maintenance Planning & Control System (a computerized maintenance management system) to optimize the efficiency of the system to provide work instructions, schedules, histories, etc.
- Recommends maintenance and modification projects which will reduce down time and costs of repairs while improving productivity, product quality, safety, etc.
- Co-ordinates all aspects of projects assigned - prepares project requests, orders and expedites required materials and parts
- Supervises the installation and commissioning of new equipment and machinery
- High School diploma
- Must have a Certificate of Qualification for Millwright or Industrial Mechanic OR a Certificate of Qualification for Industrial Electrician OR a Licensed Engineer.
- Must be certified to operate any material handling equipment, such as cranes and lift trucks, that the person will use in the course of the role
- At least five years experience as a journeyman.
- Ability to read and interpret documentation such as blueprints, other technical drawings, operating instructions, procedures manuals, technical journals, reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to write technical reports that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to management.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Perform accurate calculations using mathematical concepts covered in the Apprenticeship Program.
- Working knowledge of various software applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, Visio (or other drawing programs).
- Ability to learn the Maintenance Planning & Control System.
- Good understanding of PLC software and programming.