Job Title: Linux/ Unix Administrator
Type: Contract - 6 month
Location: North York, ON
- Implementation of complex technical fixes
- Remediation planning for routine and complex changes and standard validation routine changes.
- Recommending of technical fixes, and remediation planning for changes.
- Work with a team supporting, troubleshooting, monitoring, repairing routine and complex issues and other day-to-day tasks associated with maintaining the stability, availability and reliability of server environments.
- Work within standardized guidelines for support and assist in the application of corporate IT standards.
- Independent resolution of server issues and involvement as an escalation resource for major or complex issues
- Assist in change planning and documentation of changes as well as any validation plan creation required. Implementation and execution of approved changes.
- Configure, manage, maintain and continuously improve server, application and system performance, based on senior technical staff recommendations.
- Candidate must have strong analytical and technical skill set, able to communicate and organize complex implementation changes.
- When the Production SLA requires, Candidate must be able to perform under pressure of Production downtime recovery SLAs
- Candidate must be able to multitask and deliver all projects in timely manner.
- Candidate must have excellent documentation skillset, being able to mentor and guide junior team members with completing complex changes
- Strong and extensive operating systems experience in working within an Red Hat, AWS Cloud, AIX and/or Solaris Unix server environment
- Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to successfully work within a result driven team and organization
- Eligibility for Canadian Government enhanced reliability security clearance
- Successful completion of a Computer Science degree, Technical Diploma, or equivalent work experience, along with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an infrastructure support role
- Completion of certificates in AWS, AIX, Solaris and/or Linux administration
- Expertise in administration of servers running the Red Hat operating system.
- Expertise in AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
- Expertise in Ansible automation.
- Expertise in administration of IBM Power Systems server hardware.
- Expertise in administration of servers running the AIX operating system.
- Experience with Symantec (Veritas) clustering on Red Hat or AIX.