Role: Lab Technician
Type: Full Time
Our client currently has an opening for Lab Technician to join their team. In this role you will focus on the manufacturing of conjugated antibodies, including all related tissue culture requirements. This includes antibody conjugations, selecting and growing appropriate cell lines for validation and QC, and preparing all necessary reagents for related manufacturing and testing of conjugated antibodies.
- Perform antibody-metal tag conjugations for a multitude of antibody/tag combinations for use in multiplex assays
- Perform tissue culture for cell lines related to the validation and QC of the tagged antibodies which will be offered in our catalog
- Perform polymer production and testing in an organic chemistry laboratory environment
- Perform quality control testing using standard ICP-Mass Spectrometry as well as our novel Mass Cytometry technology on our CyTOF instruments.
- Perform additional duties such as maintenance of chemical inventory, ensuring lab equipment is calibrated in a timely manner, and maintain quality records in the Quality Assurance database.
- Be responsible for maintaining the facilities Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) records and implementing lab safety improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or similar Life Science
- 2-5 years of experience working in a lab environment
- Proven capability of using various analytical instruments for characterization and testing of produced reagents
- Experience in tissue culture required; experience with Flow Cytometry and/or Mass Cytometry a plus
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Access and general understanding of ERP concepts
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and ultimately troubleshoot independently
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and meticulousness of synthesis and testing of organic polymers are critical.