In this role, the Level 3 IT Specialist is responsible for the detailed design and implementation of a broad range of physical and virtual data center solutions including servers, networks, and storage systems. Cybersecurity considerations are a primary focus for all aspects of technical operations, including availability, integrity, and confidentiality. The implementation and operationalization of monitoring and alerting solutions to proactively manage capacity, performance, health, and availability of systems is a key responsibility, working with the system administration team to assure optimal operating conditions are maintained. You will work with the technical team to support troubleshooting and root problem identification activities, sharing your expertise, knowledge, and skills - not only to better serve our clients but to make our team stronger. This will include supporting all aspects of IT systems, including workstations, laptops, VOIP systems, mobile devices, peripherals, etc. A Level 3 IT Specialist will have to think on their feet and use their broad technical knowledge to remotely identify, troubleshoot, and resolve complex issues on a variety of technologies, and keep up to date with technology trends.
Level 3 IT Specialist Job Duties
- Work with the Project Management and IT Architecture team to design data center and Cloud hosting solutions
- Responsible for the detailed design and implementation of data center and Cloud hosting solutions, producing documentation required for ongoing management and operations; this will include:
- Network configuration, management, and updates, including networking devices (routers, firewalls, switches, etc.) and Software Defined Network (SDN) technologies
- Physical and virtual servers’ installation, configuration, updates, and management
- Physical and virtual storage solutions, including SAN and NAS technologies and numerous backup technology solutions
- Provide Help Desk level 3 support, handling more complex and challenging problems, with the aim of a positive customer experience
- Monitor and respond quickly to monitoring alerts and to requests received through the IT Help Desk.
- Follow change control processes for all data center interventions, detailing the changes planned, identifying risks, defining risk mitigation plans and fail-over/fail-back plans
- Record all support activities in the ticketing system, including progress, actions taken, and status, providing clear and detailed comments to facilitate customer and team review
- Manage and configure Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems following best practices for RBAC and ABAC principles, leveraging MFA, device compliance, and other technical capabilities to manage and secure system access
- Participate in the after-hours “on-call” rotation schedule.
- Document “unique to customer” or “systemic problem” resolution activities for future staff reference.
- Perform technical review and evaluations of new and existing systems and technologies
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation
- Maintain client and internal documentation
- Keep confidential all applicant, client, and company proprietary information
Technical Knowledge Functions
- Microsoft products including Office 365, Windows Server, Azure, Exchange, and Active Directory / Domain Controllers, MS SQL Server
- Networking technologies including firewalls, routers, switches, B2B and Client VPNs, and Wi-Fi Access Points, knowledge of Layer 2/3, BGP, TCP/IP and DNS
- Virtual Host / Hypervisor technologies, including VMware, HyperV, Citrix, etc.
- Linux operating systems
- Basic VOIP technology knowledge, preferable knowledge of provisioning, virtual PBX configuration, call flow configurations, etc.
- Storage Systems, including SAN and NAS technologies
- Backup solutions
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity best practices
- Employment experience: 4-7 years of hands-on work experience with networks and data centers
- Excellent customer service skill
- Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with team, users, and vendors
- Perfectly bilingual in French and English, written and spoken
- Must be well spoken, outgoing, organized, detailed-orientated
- Advanced desktop, server, LAN, and WAN troubleshooting and maintenance
- Strong technical knowledge Windows 10, Office 365, Active Directory, operating system imaging
- Advanced Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of various backup solutions
- Knowledge of the iPhone and Android mobile platforms
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
- Reliable transportation required