Title: Bilingual Desktop Engineer L2
Type: Contract/ 7 Months
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Provide professional assistance to internal and external customers having hardware- and software-related problems with their supported desktop, laptop or peripherals. Able to resolve local area networking issues to ensure connectivity to the Corporate network, and work with the Infrastructure and Messaging teams as necessary to resolve incidents. Support is provided in a timely manner in accordance to published SLAs while maintaining a high level of customer satisfactions.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Level-2 technical remote & on-site support for supported desktops, laptops, printer, and mobile devices. This includes the following activities:
Maintaining standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers
May participate in IT projects as required
Installing, supporting and troubleshooting approved desktop software via SCCM or on-site.
Performing planned maintenance, install, moves, adds and changes; either remotely or on-site.
Provide support services to employees with technical problems involving desktop, laptops, mobile devices or network services from local personnel or from employees using network remote access (VPN)
Provides timely resolution of incidents or escalation on behalf of the customers, liaise with other technical departments to resolve technical issues.
- Installing, supporting and troubleshooting approved Apple or Android devices
- Mobile Device Management for Apple or Android devices
- Provide support for with Multi-Factor Authentication
Exercises judgment with defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action, take initiative and be pro-active analyzing ticket trends
Provide feedback to appropriate teams for creation and maintenance of standard images, document as required.
Requires little day-to-day supervision; able to work on assigned tickets in queue independently, and ensure SLAs are being met.
Ability to work on call after hours as required either remotely or on-site.
Communicate effectively with multiple customers and co-workers
Able to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
Providing case status updates to management and end-users
Providing phone support and diagnostics to remote customers on VPN.
Participating in training programs designed to educate customers about basic and specialized applications.
Provide feedback and recommendations for KBA, as well as create and update KB Articles for ticketing system wiki. (Knowledge Based Articles)
- Needs to be bi-lingual French and English
- Strong customer service skills
- Reliability and a strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to work independently and take ownership
- Solid technical and analytical skills required
- Ability to troubleshoot, support, and repair software and hardware for desktop and laptop computers
- Knowledge of supported Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Experience with Active Directory administration
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, use and troubleshooting techniques of supported versions of Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities
- Experience troubleshooting intermediate complex local area network (LAN) and VPN connectivity issues
EDUCATION and/or WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent certifications and 2-4 yrs experience required
- Beginner Level Service Now experience
- Intermediate Level SCCM experience
- Beginner Level Mobile Device Management experience – WorkspaceONE/AirWatch experience preferred but not mandatory
- A+ Certification recommended, MCT