Job Title: Junior Software Developer
Type: Contract - 3 months to start
Location: St. Catherines, ON
Reporting directly to the Software Development Manager, the Junior Software Developer is responsible for assisting in the development, research, design, programming , testing and documentation of application technology solutions. Participates in team resolution of issues and keeps up to date with technology, hardware and software applications and company product and service offerings. Actively codes in VB.NET and TSQL under the direction and guidance of the Intermediate and Senior Developers.
Please note this position will be based out of St. Catharines, Ontario
- Prepares detailed documentation to confirm business requirement and functional specifications.
- Reviews and updates documentation as required.
- Contributes to the development, research, design, programming, testing and support of new and existing applications.
- Performs tests in accordance with established guidelines and project plan.
- Participates in team resolution of issues.
- Engages in upgrading knowledge and skills in current and emerging technologies.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Three or four-year University or College Degree in Computer Sciences.
- 1-year related application development experience.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences and effectively and collaborate well with interfaced departments.
- Superior organizational skills with significant attention to detail.