Position: Intermediate Java J2EE Developer
Type: 12 month contract
Location: Downtown Toronto/ Markham, ON
Our client is currently looking for a strong Intermediate J2EE developer with experience building enterprise level applications. The ideal candidate will have experience with full stack development from UI to DB tier. Client is looking for experience in at least one of their frameworks (Struts2 and Spring MVC). The candidate should have minimum of 5 year’s work experience. The candidate must have experience working in an innovation and production environment as the successful candidate will be a key individual in engineering a new platform for the Company's core solution.
- Must be fluent in English with strong communication skills.
- Experience in Spring MVC, Security, REST, Tiles, and Struts 2.
- Experience in JAVA, JDBC, JSPs, Servlets.
- Experience in Spring Mobile, AOP, Transaction.
- Database experience in MySQL (a firm and solid understanding on backend structure, creating and compiling complex queries and being able to manage large datasets). NoSQL is a plus.
- Working knowledge of EJB 2.0 and 3.0, AJAX, MyBatis, JQuery and JSON.
- Knowledge of Angular JS and Websocket is an asset.
- Knowledge of Microservices and Multi-tenancy architecture is a plus.
- Development environment knowledge must include Eclipse.
- Application server knowledge must include JBoss/Wildfly, Apache Tomcat.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic team environment.
- As part of the Development team, the candidate will also be required to participate in software architecture and quality assurance aspects of our products.
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5 + years experience of development in J2EE.
- 2 + years experience design and development for large scale enterprise business applications.
- An understanding of design patterns and software development frameworks.