Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Type: Contract - 6 months
Location: Toronto ON
As a Senior Java Software Developer, you have a solid technical foundation, and a strong focus on growing your development skills; you are able to deliver small to medium-sized well-defined tasks, working individually or pairing with others and you have a small amount of experience in a well-defined area:
- You will be part of a team creating new services and applications using the latest technologies; You will develop and support highly scalable, high performance APIs within a development team.
- Produce high code quality through automated unit and functional testing.
- Automate processes within the deployment pipeline; identify opportunities for efficiency gains and reducing time-to-market and enabling continuous delivery.
- Design and develop code structures based on technical design defined by the team.
- Work within a product team comprised of technical, product and business team members to deliver exceptional products.
- You will actively seek out knowledge about new technologies and how they can be used to solve current and foreseeable challenges.
- Excellent communication including the ability to distill technical details into human terms.
Must have experience and skills:
- 8+ years of working experience with Java (Java 1.8 min 1 year), JSP and Struts
- 5 + years Websphere and IBM MQ
- Good communication skills to work with multiple business users across functionalities
Nice to have experience and skills:
- Commercial Banking experience is a plus.
- Regulatory project exp. is a plus.
- Working experience with SOAP, JSON, RESTful services (will be enhancing applications with these tools) is a plus.