Title: Java Developer
Type: Contract (12 months)
Location: Burnaby, BC V5H 4T8
Our client is one of the Global Leaders in providing IT Services, currently looking for a Java Developer to join a large project team located in the Vancouver area. The team will be providing ongoing services on this contract for several years to come. The position is Term to Perm.
Role and Responsibility
- Development in Java including building and maintaining custom applications and solutions.
- Providing operational support and maintenance including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution.
- Defining document specifications to be implemented into the solution.
- Understanding of business processes supported by these systems.
- Assisting the transition to the new processes where applicable.
- Collaborating with other members of the IT Team to provide technical application support for the supported applications.
- 2-3 years of J2EE (Servlet, EJB, and Web Services) experience on WebLogic or similar application server performing application deployment, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience using web presentation frameworks including (ex: JSP s, JSF).
- Server-Side Java experience including multi-threading and concurrency.
- Experience with Object-Oriented and Service-Oriented Architecture, applications design, object modeling and data modelling.
- Strong knowledge of database management systems and database programming.
- Experience with Oracle database, PL/SQL, and related tools (Toad, SQL Plus).
- Database design and programming using JDBC/SQL or persistence frameworks.