Job Title: Deskside Support Technician
Type: Full Time/Permanent
Location: Toronto, M4V 1N6, ON
Start Date: February 10th, 2020
Schedule: Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM – 37.5/hours per week
Our client, an award-winning architectural partnership based in Toronto is looking for an IT Technical Support Specialist.
The Technical Support Specialist will provide first and second level support and troubleshooting and IT related issues for all internal employees’ requests.
- Perform intermediate IMAC (installs, moves, add, changes) activities: hardware rollouts, refreshes, and other hardware deployment related activities on PCs, laptops, printers, POS devices, etc.
- Handle software installation/ support/ upgrades.
- Perform deskside support services installing and troubleshooting of hardware and software related issues
- Provide 1st & 2nd level Help Desk support.
- Perform basic LAN and internetworking related activities.
- Perform problem determination and problem resolution on reported end-user problems as directed.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the IT Manager.
- Control and manage hardware and software inventory as directed. Asset management.
- Install new image on each computer and administer software and hardware standards.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues.
- Documentation for each work-related issue for reporting and future use.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience / Education Required
- Work-related college diploma or Computer Science degree.
- Have at least 3 years of field service experience doing hardware rollouts, refreshes, and other deployment related activities.
- Have at least 3 years of deskside support experience.
- Have strong internetworking and troubleshooting skills.
- Good experience in Windows 10 / Windows networks, Office 365 and Active Directory.
- Must be a self-starter and can manage multiple tasks.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Working experience in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.