Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Location: Burlington, ON , Canada
Starts: July 2 2019
- Administering and maintaining a Citrix XenApp & VDI environment including publishing applications, managing permissions and ensuring optimal performance and uptime.
- Managing and maintaining Corporate SharePoint infrastructure, including creating custom pages / content when required, managing
SharePoint user permissions, and site ownership throughout the organization.
- Administering and managing SQL Servers, which includes a Fail-Over Clustered SQL Enterprise Environment, managing reports, applications, backups, and overall performance.
- Manage a Veeam Backup & Replication
Solution, ensuring backups / restores are functioning correctly.
- Systems Review and Documentation: Produce and update all infrastructure documentation pertaining to technology in use, including network diagrams, work instructions, and flow-documents.
- Provide recommendations on changes in a design document, focusing on flexibility for future product releases.
- SCCM Management: Manage, test, and deploy end-point images built on a Windows platform; distribution point configuration across multiple geographic locations; endpoint anti-virus protection on both client-side and server-side, system patching including hotfixes, recommended, and critical updates using SUP services; software deployment services (including updates/upgrades) for on-demand software; and other SCCM related duties.
- Hands on experience with MS Exchange technology, including 2010, Exchange online/O365.
- Training: Knowledge sharing with IT team members.
- Provide Tier 3 support alongside IT Client Services.
- Participate and occasionally lead meetings for infrastructure related activities.
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- To be successful in this role, you must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and should be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You should be able to provide technical guidance to the team, work well as a member of a team or independently as well.
Most importantly, you take great pride and ownership in your work, and you want to be a part of a team that embraces new technology and innovation.
- College diploma or University degree in the field of computer science/engineering with 5-7 years’ experience working as a System Administrator/Engineer.
- At least 8-10 years’ experience working across multiple IT disciplines (networking, hardware, Windows Server, Active Directory, GPO, virtualization)
- Deep understanding with writing scripts for automating tasks. PowerShell.
- Experience with Veaam backup / replication technology
- Experience with managing and maintaining a
Citrix XenApp & VDI environment, Citrix Studio and Director
- Understanding of Linux and able to provide support
- Strong knowledge of VMWare, vSphere, SCCM 2012, Windows Server O/S and SQL Server
- Expertise in installation, design and managing a server infrastructure
- Experience in imaging, patch management, scripting/automation, and software packaging technologies and processes.
- Strong experience with Group Policy Objects (GPOs), writing and troubleshooting, including software deployment and security settings and configurations.
- Competency in SQL to develop queries and reports; ability to schedule routine reports and ad-hoc reports.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to diagnose problems across multiple disciplines; facilitate improvements based on root cause analysis.
- Good project management and communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, end-users, management and have a strong desire to excel
- French/English bilingualism is considered an asset