Job Title: IT Project Manager
Type: 4 month contract
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to clarify requirements and business objectives, as well as acquire necessary commitments and approvals.
- Dissect business problem and work with project team to determine the root cause and solution alternatives.
- Gather and prepare supporting analysis and design documentation from a business perspective.
- Proactively contribute to SDLC process improvement by having current understanding and knowledge of software engineering best practices.
- Evaluates the impact and correlation between multiple projects.
- Manage projects according to the CDW project management methodology.
- Facilitate requirements gathering utilizing facilitated focus sessions, one-on-one interviews, and job shadowing.
- Derive a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and work with stakeholders to solve problems and achieve objectives.
- Develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
- Coordinate the development of the detailed design specifications for use by the technical team.
- Work with QA team to develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Develop detailed estimates, schedules for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
- Act as Project Manager for the project team, including development and maintenance of the project work plan and project schedule; budget tracking; conducting status meetings; developing status reports; tracking issues; and assisting with change control.
- Works as a business area liaison to understand the functions of that area and act as a primary contact for managing new project requests. Summary: The Senior Project Manager, IT leads complex and large scope IT and organizational projects from conception to execution, including gathering of business and system requirements, management of software design and development activities. This role is guided by project management methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field or demonstrated, equivalent experience.
- Masters degree in Business or Advanced Information Technologies - preferred.
- Project Management Certifications - preferred.
- 7 years experience in application design, with 3 years of design experience focusing on IT technologies.
- 5 year Project Management Experience, including evaluation and estimation of large, high-risk initiatives, working under project management methodology.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor junior team members and other professionals.
- Track record of identifying and documenting business needs and specifications utilizing object-oriented analysis and design techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of data processing fundamentals including database design, structured and object oriented programming techniques, IT infrastructure (networking and hardware).
- History of leading project teams, delegating work, holding team members accountable and proactively overcoming obstacles.
- Experience working in fast-paced Agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders for a positive outcome.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft and IBM platforms.