Job Title: IT Project Manager (Remote temporarily)
Type: Contract (Possibility of Full Time)
Location: Downtown, Toronto, ON
Duration: 12 Months
Start Date: July 26, 2021
End Date: July 29, 2022
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Pay Rate: $50.00/hour TO $55.00/hour
Our Insurance client require an experienced Project Manager who can confidently plan, manage and lead teams to successfully deploy complex IT projects consisting of one or more project teams. The Project Manager leads in-house and/or vendor teams to develop new capabilities and to enhance/support existing applications. They manage relationships and act as liaison between the development teams, client organizations, and other stakeholders throughout the project cycle.
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Manages and directs one or more project teams to meet complex project objectives. May manage multiple projects in parallel. Projects may be waterfall, agile or hybrid.
- Coordinates, schedules, assigns project tasks, builds teams, leads sprints and maintains working relationships with the functional areas outside of IT.
- Reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets. Typical project budget: $250,000 - $1,000,000.
- Allocates staff and budget resources to meet changing corporate needs.
- Identifies and negotiates schedules, risks, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives.
- Evaluates and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics. Modifies schedules as required.
- Presents project updates to key stakeholders and senior IT/business leadership.
- Works with client departments to coordinate project activities including systems testing, installation, training and support.
- Uses appropriate systems development methodologies to structure and organize the tasks to be completed by the team.
- Provides input on performance of team members and may provide feedback.
- Stays up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the insurance industry.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours – to be externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and continuously learning.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Typically a minimum of seven years related experience
- Applicable certifications preferred (PMP and/or CSM)
- Proven project management/scrum master skills to lead projects from inception to implementation.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to apply project development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid), reporting techniques, and measurement techniques.
- Ability to influence and lead without direct authority
- A solid knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development technological alternatives.
- Proven knowledge of Insurance functions and systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with clients, peers, and management and staff.
- Able to foster working relationships with the team and client departments.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, MS Project and other business related software systems.
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!