Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Toronto, ON
We require an experienced Project Manager who can confidently plan, manage and lead teams to successfully deploy complex IT projects consisting of one or more project teams. The Project Manager leads an in-house team to develop new capabilities and to enhance/support existing applications. They manage relationships and act as liaison between the development teams, client organizations, and other stakeholders throughout the project cycle.
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- People Manager position; will be responsible for up to 7 direct reports
- Manages and directs one or more project teams to meet complex project objectives. May manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Coordinates, schedules, assigns project tasks, builds teams, and maintains working relationships with the functional areas outside of IT.
- Reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets. Typical project budget: $250,000 - $1,000,000.
- Allocates staff and budget resources to meet changing corporate needs.
- Identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives.
- Evaluates and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics. Modifies schedules as required.
- Presents project updates to key stakeholders and senior IT/business leadership.
- Works with client departments to coordinate project activities including systems testing, installation, training and support.
- Uses appropriate systems development methodologies to structure and organize the tasks to be completed by the team.
- Provides input on performance of team members and may provide feedback.
- Stays up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the insurance industry.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with client’s Winning Behaviours – to be externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and continuously learning.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Typically a minimum of seven years related experience
- Applicable certifications preferred.
- Proven project management skills to manage projects from inception to implementation.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to apply project development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile), reporting techniques, and measurement techniques.
- A solid knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development technological alternatives.
- Proven knowledge of Insurance functions and systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with clients, peers, and management and staff.
- Able to foster working relationships with the team and client departments.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, MS Project and other business related software systems.