Job Title: IT Infrastructure Analyst
Type: Contract (6 months)
Location: Mississauga, ON
Our client is currently looking for an IT Infrastructure Analyst who would be reporting to the Manager, IT Service and Support. This position is responsible for the smooth operation their IT Infrastructure.
- Producing industry standard documentation, project plans, status reports, training material, as required
- Analyzing and helping to resolve client and server-based issues and problems
- Researching new technology and staying up-to-date in technical knowledge
- Providing direct support for server operating system and application upgrades, bug fixes and patching
- Assisting in management and optimization of virtual environment to align with company's growth & DR strategy
- Coordinate management of backup and restore environment for all servers and desktops
- Assist department to ensure hardware, software and network are available 98+% of time on 24/7 basis, excluding scheduled downtime
- Assist in the creation and implementation of policies, standards and procedures
- Consults with technical staff, vendors & consultants when the causes of related problems are not apparent
- Providing direct support to front-line personnel, as required
- Perform other related duties and projects as required
- Travel to St Thomas location up to 4 times per month for the day
- Successfully completed two- or three-year Computer Science Degree/Diploma or related technical courses (with CO-OP preferred) focusing on the following:
- VMWare vSphere.
- VMWare Horizon View.
- Microsoft Exchange.
- Windows server environment and the accompanying enterprise applications, Active Directory, IIS, file servers, etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- Desktop support for PC environment supporting Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 suite
- Networking involving multiple platforms, Cisco/Nortel/HP/Dell etc.
- Switching, Routing, WAN and Remote Access an asset
- 5+ years’ experience with servers, databases and operating systems including Windows Server 2012/2016, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016, SQL Server.
- Hands-on experience with VMWare vSphere 5 & VMWare Horizon View (VCP and VCAP certifications an asset).
- Microsoft 365 and Azure experience is an asset.
- Experience in any of the following an asset; Exchange Server, Unix, Microsoft technologies, project implementation, EDI and Business Re-Engineering, VOIP and PBX telephone system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience in any of the following areas would also be an asset; customs brokerage, importing, exporting, logistics, supply chain systems.
- Ability to work under tight timeframes with a keen sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated with good problem-solving skills.