Job Title: IT Field Maintenance Technician (Hamilton)
Location: Hamilton, ON
Start Date: February 17th 2020
The successful candidate will work various and rotating shifts between 7 AM to Midnight, 7 days per week. The schedule is 5 consecutive days/week.
Benefits: Health and Dental, plus company vehicle and cell phone provided
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- A fantastic communicator who does everything in your power to meet customers’ needs—someone who follows up to make sure you did the work right.
- A stickler for record-keeping. Which comes in handy when you’re asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
- Someone looking to tackle an intense but rewarding role. You like responsibility and are outstanding at managing everything and are motivated self-starter who can be depended upon to work efficiently and with little supervision.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Service electromechanical equipment like ATMs and self-checkout systems within an assigned territory—with the goal of keeping our customers completely assured and satisfied.
- Perform hardware maintenance, installation, network management, multi-vendor maintenance, and software support.
- Unleash your manual skills on products like peripherals, large system printers, small and enterprise level servers, communications equipment, networks, and item processing sorters.
- Build great working relationships among colleagues and customers based on our customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs). When issues come up, your job is to respond to them by either handling them, or by pulling in the proper associate, team member, or territory manager who can.
- Perform maintenance repair and system overhauls as a matter of routine (like modular swaps and unit replacements). You’ll surely always be on the lookout for preventative measures you can take to correct any and all technical problems before they happen.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing, as well as stay in contact to ensure we’re providing the best possible service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and/or ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Have at least 3 years of field service experience doing hardware rollouts, refreshes, and other deployment-related activities
- Have strong internetworking and troubleshooting skills
- Must be a self-starter and can manage multiple tasks
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Networking, Mechanical, and ATM experience will be an asset
- A valid provincial license (not learners permit) and a clean driver’s record
- Must have valid passport to travel to the US for training which is required.
- 3 years of related experience (but more than that is always a plus).
- A+ Certification, PC skills, basic electronic skills, and some specific hardware and operating system familiarity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and current Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of systems architecture, database management systems, and network and systems management systems.
- Amazing flexibility and a positive attitude. No. Matter. What. (We’re talking some nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and being on call to keep our customers happy.)
- This position must require prolonged travel, rotating shifts, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Side cutters
- Allen Keys
- Measuring Tape
- Multibit Screwdriver