Title: Second Level Technician (SLM) Barrie
Type: Contract 3 months
Location: Barrie Ontario N5X 1X9
Start: June 22nd
Ends: September 30th, 2020 (possibility of extension)
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8 AM to 5 PM
- Car is mandatory and mileage will be provided as the technician will be visiting multiple sites on the same day and having to go pick up equipment
- Mileage will be provided @ $0.40 per kilometers
- The technician will need to carry a good amount of parts, so a midsized vehicle is a minimum is a requirement
- Mandatory skills and experience:
- Hardware deployment experience is mandatory
- At least 1 year of field experience
- Good customer interfacing skills mandatory
- Networking would be an asset
- Day to day task:
- Pick up of installation hardware at a Purolator depot. Drop off old equipment deinstalled the day before and return ship to provided address.
- Go to the installation site
- Deinstallation of existing equipment – replace with new.
- Installation of a router
- Box deinstalled equipment in the new equipment box. Affix return label and waybill for return. Remove from the site.
- Upload install photos to an online portal.
- Other pertinent details
- SLM requirements:
- NCR photo ID will be created as well as a technician ID number.
- SLM will need a cell phone or device to run our BYOD application – which is an online application for receiving our Service Requests (SR’s).
- The technician will also need to update the progression of the installation work they are doing (arrival time, completion time, completion comments). Training on the processes will be provided.
- SLM requirements:
- Tools will be required; the tool list is below:
- Basic Hand Tools (Screwdrivers including #1(Green), #2(Red) and #3(Black) Robertson, Phillips, Side Cutters, Torx T10 Screwdriver, Small Pliers or Crescent wrench)
- Spare Ethernet cables (for testing)
- NCR will supply some software USB’s needed.