Job Title: IT Business Systems Consultant
Location: Toronto, ON
Start Date: August 2, 2021
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Under technical direction, Individual contributor, representing a high level of technical knowledge, who works with business area, technology representatives and others in support of a program or project. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on user needs and an understanding of the business system requirements. Leads project teams or work groups and may be the primary project contact for functional area. Accountable for assignments or projects that are high in priority, visibility and/or complexity.
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Senior technical analyst and process team lead for projects in functional area.
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders and plans and conducts working sessions to elicit and review business requirements as approved by senior management.
- Develops strategy and implements approach for creation of deliverables and all supporting documentation for the concept and definition phases of the project.
- Performs necessary research to fully understand the business issues, develop possible solutions and to support development of innovative, cost effective solutions, and recommends most viable business/technology solutions to management for approval.
- Ensures appropriate resources are assigned to project teams, manages resources and teams, and reviews and provides input on performance of team members as appropriate.
- As appropriate, oversees design reviews to ensure project/system designs meet business needs.
- Acts as technical resource on best practices, which may include technology or other business/functional areas.
- Continuously learning new trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the insurance industry.
- May participate in or lead the evaluation of software packages as they relate to the project/functional area.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Typically a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in business analysis or other related field, i.e.,
accounting, finance, insurance operations, or computer science with prior experience identifying and documenting business requirements.
- Project leadership experience desirable.
- A solid understanding of the insurance industry, its products, practices, and operations.
- Proven knowledge of the system development life cycle, and technology alternatives; understanding of interface design and user centered work methods.
- Proven knowledge of client area's business and systems.
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external business partners.
- Ability to lead teams on short-term basis and to coach and mentor staff at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to convey business requirements and technical needs in clear, concise, and effective manner.
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)