Job Title: IT Asset Management Technician (Shared Services)
Type: Contract (6 month)
Location: Edmonton, AB T5J 0N3
Asset Inventory Manager will oversee asset inventory by managing and tracking IT Workstations (i.e., hardware) throughout their life cycle, from acquisition through final disposition. The Asset Inventory Manager, will be responsible for determining the feasibility of asset acquisition, maintaining accurate up to date inventory reporting and presenting findings to upper management and/or client(s).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the asset inventory and track the status of asset, such as but not limited to, desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
- Manage Workstation delivery scheduling.
- Manage logistics and Import/Export activities.
- Track and manage Workstation inventory set up in various locations across the region.
- Maintain targeted inventory levels by generating orders for new assets.
- Forecast last time buy requirements for obsolete and end of life products.
- Forecast inventory requirements with 3rd party hardware reseller.
- Work with purchasing and Staging/Imaging teams for the successful delivery of requested Workstation(s).
- Work with support teams to validate reports to ensure integrity of data.
- Review excess material transfers to/from Production inventory.
- Develop processes and tools to improve inventory controls, accuracy, and accountability.
- Monitor asset status updated by teams during the asset lifecycle.
- Generate reports on Asset Status as requested by the clients.
- Generate timely reports for Procurement based on the availability of assets in inventory.
- Keep the inventory up to date as required by Refresh Projects.
- Act as the primary contact in the event of Disaster to keep a track of all the assets used for Disaster Recovery.
- Responsible for Data Integrity and accuracy.
- Validating Inventory reports for purposes of billing and invoicing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Business, or equivalent certification(s).
- Experience working with inventory and warehouse management.
- Experience in Asset Lifecycle Management.
- Experience using ITSM and Service Now.
- Minimum 5 years Asset Management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Reporting Tools.
- Experience generating customized reports for multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working in corporate environment.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and MS Project .
- Solid understanding of forecasting and inventory management in a service environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Ability to work in an emergency, attention to detail and ability to ensure the accuracy of expected results.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to set priorities and meet tight deadlines.