Job Title: Intermediate Software Developer
Type: Contract - 3 months to start
Location: St. Catharines, ON
Reporting directly to the Software Development Manager, the Intermediate Software Developer is responsible for developing, testing, documenting and implementing technology solutions, including but not limited to, actively coding in VB.NET and TSQL under the direction and guidance of the Senior Developer.
Please note this position will be based out of St. Catharines, Ontario
- Develops, tests, documents and implements application technology solutions.
- Assists in gathering, analyzing and prioritizing end user requirements.
- Prepares detailed documentation and demonstrates proof of concept to confirm business requirements and functional specifications.
- Contributes to the development, research, design, programming, testing and support of new and existing applications.
- Performs tests in accordance with established guidelines.
- Participates in team resolution of issues, while communicating status and issues to team lead as required.
- Provides functional guidance and support to junior team members.
- Provides functional performance feedback to the team lead.
- Keeps up to date with technology, hardware and software applications, and company product and service offerings.
- Engages in upgrading knowledge and skills in current and emerging technologies.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Three or four-year University or College Degree in Computer Sciences or 3 years related application experience.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences and effectively and collaborate well with interfaced departments.
- Superior organizational skills with significant attention to detail.