Job Title: Intermediate Quality Assurance Analyst
Type: Contract - 6 months
Location: St. Catharines, ON
Intermediate Quality Assurance Analyst, reporting directly to the Software Development Manager, the Intermediate Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for testing, implementing, and supporting new and existing applications. Participates in team resolution of issues and creates test cases for new functionality. Enhances software developer documentation. Keeps up to date with technology, hardware, and software applications. Provides functional guidance to assist Junior Quality Assurance Analysts through transfer of knowledge and addressing specific questions. Support Help Desk with escalations when necessary.
Please note this position will be based out of St. Catharines, Ontario (6-month Contract).
- Contributes to the testing, implementation, and support of new and existing applications. Performs tests in accordance with established guidelines and project plan. Creates automation to support future regression testing. Participates in team resolution of issues and communicates status and issues to the Senior Quality Assurance Manager as required.
- Enhance development documentation describing new functionality and creates test cases to properly regression test that functionality in the future.
- Regression test products, through a combination of manual and automated processes to ensure all components of the application continue to meet functional requirements.
- Provide functional guidance and support to junior team members. Provide functional performance feedback to Senior Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Fourth-tier support for menu, application and hardware related issues including POS software set-up and functionality, hardware configuration and general menu related functions. This involves root cause analysis and in-depth testing to reproduce the reported issue before escalating for resolution.
- Test software updates and setting changes before they are deployed.
- Keeps up to date with technology, hardware and software applications, and company product and service offerings. Engages in upgrading knowledge and skills in current and emerging technologies.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Community College Certificate in Computer Programming or related science, plus 2 years relates work experience.
- Microsoft Office. Network experience would be an asset but will train.
- Ability to communicate instructional concepts to junior team members with a sensitivity to personal ability and cultural diversity.
- Rapport is required to research , source, and follow up on missing or ambiguous instructions.
- Superior organizational skills with significant attention to detail.
- Test Complete
- TFS or Azure repos