Job Title: Helpdesk Support Technician
Type: Contract - 6 Weeks
Location: Redmond, WA USA
The IT Support Technician provides functional support to end users and using the internal tracking system (SNOW) to meet Key Performance Indicators. This position is responsible for listening actively to and documenting user issues for use in troubleshooting hardware and software issues using IT knowledge.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Documents customer queries, assign queries and track completion and status updates.
- Drives requirements gathering and functional specification documentation for IT projects and clarifies priority and delivery milestones for other projects with Program Management.
- Provides weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting of all team milestones,
- Serves as IT subject matter expert, advocating Technology resources and solutions to the greater Physical Security Program.
- Cleans and reimaging desktops and laptops.
- Performing service calls via Teams, phone or in some cases in person.
- Maintains effective information technology troubleshooting and communicates program wide issues and solutions as requested.
- Helps team meet the Service Level Agreement for the client
- Documents all transactions
- Approves all IT Purchase Orders.
- Manages and assigns all Service-Now request
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in project management, business, computer science, information systems, or related field.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience managing personnel.
- 3+ years of project management experience, including working with cross-functional teams.
- 3+ years of business systems analysis and support experience with various types of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- 2+ years security industry experience is highly desirable.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification strongly preferred.
- Previous experience involving the implementation of a new system or product is desired.
- Experience working in vendor/client relationship within matrix management structure.
- Demonstrated IT support management experience.
- Strong background in customer service and application support methodology.
- Superior knowledge of and skill in all Microsoft Office applications with special focus on Outlook, InfoPath, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated focus on team development and on-time delivery.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communications skills.
- Must be able to independently handle complex problems, write specifications and create and execute complex deployment plans.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn the business in unfamiliar area.
- Excellent leadership and management skills and ability to directly mentor others.
- Superior knowledge of and skill in adaptability, oral communication, teamwork, team building, problem solving, coaching, group process facilitation, influence, negotiation, strategic thinking, results orientation, written communication, planning, project management, analysis, leadership, and change management.
- Working knowledge of client server technology, network, telecommunication, and operations center operations and production preferred.