Job Title: I.T. Helpdesk/ Service Desk Support Technician
Location: Tukwila, WA, United States
Starts: Late January, 2020
Job Title: I.T. Helpdesk/ Service Desk Support Technician
We have an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join the Service Desk Team. The I.T. culture is driven by the following Core Values; Teamwork, Accountability, Integrity, Reliability & Respect which the individual should also possess. The current team has 12 service desk employees that support 5500 end users as well as external customers. Daily call volume is about 100 to max 250 for the entire team. Monthly call volume is about 4800 inbound calls.
The candidate is applying for a 24x7 Service Desk phone coverage position within the Horsham PA central Help Desk. Support coverage is for a 6000+ employee base company with remote field support for 2,000+ mobile techs, as well as regional office/sales support. There is light support for external company affiliates. Our client performs mobile X-Ray, Ultrasound, Radiology, & mobile medical for nursing homes, prisons, and many other clients etc...
- 95% + Primary phone support troubleshooting issues via phone/remote access. Light desktop/desk side support.
- Strong Customer Service Skills required.
- Possess the right service support attitude including fitting into the mission statement and core values of the I.T. Department.
- Total Contact Ownership. Properly document all customer interactions in the ServiceNow Service Desk Ticketing system.
- Candidate must be able to self-manage as well as prioritize issues as they come in.
- Communications skills, active listening, cultural sensitivity, teamwork participation, and writing skills are required.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills in both hardware and software.
- Position requires proper Inventory control and following Hippa and Compliance regulations for all technical assets.
- Diagnose and support Healthcare specific Mobile Digital and Cassette Xray Machines and applications. (training provided)
- Support and assist transmission of Xray images from beginning to end server PACS (Picture archiving communication systems) –training provided
- Field level 1 through level 2 issues to resolution from initial point to finish.
- Work in a 24/7 rotating shift team with on-call around every 2 months. Holiday Coverage required.
- Will be responsible for pc setup/ breakdown and moves for new, existing or termed users.
- Setup and assist corporate users with video conference with cisco/tamberg video device.
- Users utilize a lot of medical websites, internet browser troubleshooting experience
- Basic networking concepts is required for this position.
- Prior IP Phone experience a plus, but not required.
- Office 365, MS Teams and SharePoint knowledge a plus.
- Candidate should be punctual and adhere to the attendance policy set forth by the company
- Running WIN 10 for new laptops/desktops, some Win 7 & XP on existing machines
- VPN Connectivity- Cisco AnyConnect & Cisco vpn
- Knowledge of IPhone & wireless jetpacks (mifi)(should be familiar with porting as we support a lot of mobile users)
- MS Office 2007/2010, Office 365, MS Lync, Teams, Sharepoint
- Understand AD for permission rights, setups and configurations
- MPLS networks
- Hard Drive encryption experience a plus
- SCCM experience a plus
- Able to lift 50lbs
Team Structure & Shift Setup:
- Team for Desktop/Helpdesk in Horsham is 12 current. 1 remote office worker.
- Soft skills & solid customer service skills are crucial. The ideal candidate will mesh with the team & also be able to understand the culture of the end user base.
- Horsham office is where most of IT resides. We have regional offices in Michigan, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, Florida, California, Colorado, and Texas.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 5+ years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Desktop and Windows environments.
- Experience working with and managing external vendors with the ability to diagnose and correct network, and server problems.
- Proficiency with imaging or automating desktop systems
- Advanced proficiency in application software, such as: word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, e-mail, and database software.
- A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional; MCSE (a plus not required)
- ITIL Foundations (a plus not required)
- Excellent oral communication, listening, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Willingness to share knowledge with team members, superiors, and users.
- Ability to listen to users in a courteous and friendly manner, acknowledge the reality of their problems, translate their descriptions into technical terms, fix the problems, and explain the solutions in terms the users can understand.
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability and willingness to communicate effectively and appropriately in an empathetic and understanding manner.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, think logically and creatively, follow established procedures, with the commitment to see the problem through to resolution.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to prioritize a workload with multiple tasks and multiple demands and meet due dates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.