Title: Forklift Driver/Material Handler
Location: Barrie, ON
Type: Contract/ 1 year (possibility of extension) - preferably a Sole Proprietor or Incorporated Contractor
Shift: Monday to Friday, Full Time/ 6:00 am – 2:00 pm (40 hrs/ week) EST
- Recent experience driving a forklift
- Comfortable with computers and programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have own vehicle or reliable transportation to get to work
- Contractor position
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be double vaccinated
- Driving a forklift
- Material Order Placement (Create Sales Orders)
- Post Good Issue
- Provide inventory services as requested (Vehicles and DC)
- Prepare orders for shipment or delivery
- Prepare all necessary paperwork.
- Surplus management
- Sorting and placement of reels in designated area
- General yard housekeeping
- All luggers (Same as today)
- Hazardous waste
- Poles containers
- Load and or Unload Cable Reels and other materials
- Deliveries from common carriers
- Physical verification of material
- Post Goods Receipt
- Packaging material and stationary replenishment.
- Deliver material and pick up returns if required.
- Service issues should be referred to Manager.
- Refer field issues to Field Manager.
- Able to prioritize on the fly
- A willingness to learn
- Desire to be efficient in task completion
A typical day:
- Arrive at the site, log in and check emails for any emails that need immediate attention
- If materials have already been delivered, sort and begin putting materials on the shelf as applicable.
- Major materials need to be placed in their locations as applicable
- Input into the computer materials received
- As technicians or contractors arrive at the site to pick up material, provide what they need and document in the computer material handed out
- Place orders as required
- Complete audits as required (usually once a week)
- Communicate with support team:
- Material not received
- Material orders not in the computer to receive
- Materials to be shipped to other sites
- Materials late
- General site cleanliness
- Filing of documents in the filing cabinet for future reference
- Address IT issues as they come up (there is a support network for this)