Job Title: Bilingual Entry Level Field Maintenance Technician
Type: Contract - 3 months
Location: St. Laurent, Montreal, QC
The selected candidates will be using company vehicle; therefore a 100% clean driving abstract is mandatory for this position.
All shifts are based on a 3-week rotation (8:00-17:00) – (15:30-23:59)
- Electronic or electro-mechanic experience
- Must have reliable vehicle
- Must be bilingual (French/English) mandatory
- Technician must have standard technician tool kit
- Valid Drivers licence
- A+ Certification
- Experience of 0 to 6 months
- Tech will be part of a rotation shift 3 week of day 8.00-17 .00 and 3 week of night shift 15:30-23:59
You can expect to:
- Technician will be assigned to POS calls and some ATM
- Be responsible for basic installation, maintenance, and repairs on equipment within an assigned territory—all while keeping customers completely assured and satisfied. (and in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements, of course.)
- Wield your manual skills and perform work on products like ATMs, POS systems, kiosks, single pocket proof encoders, and workstations.
- Assist in site preparation, including installation of cable, staging of equipment, and minor testing of equipment.
- Be a guardian of all assets used in the delivery of customer services (that’s tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property). Which means you will maintain stellar records and an appropriate parts inventory.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing and stay in contact to make sure we are providing the best possible service
People describe you as:
- Someone who just cannot help resolving problems before they start. We do not know how you do it. But keep it coming. Because you will be a superstar when it comes to performing periodic preventative maintenance.
- Driven to tackle any situation thrown at you, but also confident enough to ask for help when you need it. So, if you are ever feeling stuck in your role as a Service Tech, you would always pull in the proper associate, team member, or territory manager who can help.
- A stickler for record-keeping. Which comes in handy when you are asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
- A High School diploma or equivalent (though we would prefer an associate degree).
- Ability to communicate (verbal and writing) in both French and English
- Up to a year of related experience (but previous experience in POS/ ATM or similar equipment is always a plus).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.
- Amazing flexibility and a positive attitude. No. Matter. What. (We are talking some nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and being on call to keep our customers happy.)
- Your team in mind, even when you must work solo.
- A strong back. This position may require prolonged travel, rotating shifts, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.