Job Title: Entry Level Field Maintenance Technician (Oshawa)
Duration: 3 months (high possibility of extension)
Location: Oshawa, ON L1J 1P3
Starts: November 23, 2020
Ends: February 26th, 2021 (3 months)
Schedule/Shifts: Must be available days/evenings/weekends on a rotational schedule. Shifts are between 7 AM and Midnight. 5 days in a row, 8 consecutive hours per day.
- Must have a technical diploma
- Minimum of 6-month field experience
- Basic technical knowledge and reliable mid-size vehicle – selected candidate will need to carry OLG POS equipment in the vehicle
- Must have a reliable vehicle
- Must have valid drivers’ license
- Must clean driving record (Drivers Abstract)
Description and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for basic installation, maintenance, and repairs on equipment within an assigned territory—all while keeping customers completely assured and satisfied. (And in compliance with agreed-upon Service Level Agreements, of course.)
- Wield your manual skills and perform work on products like ATMs, POS systems, kiosks, and workstations.
- Assist in site preparation, including installation of cable, the staging of equipment, and minor testing of equipment.
- Be a guardian of all assets used in the delivery of customer services (that’s tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property). Which means you will maintain stellar records and an appropriate parts inventory.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing and stay in contact to make sure we are providing the best possible service.
- Day to Day Task: De-install and install preconfigured
- Field experience an asset
- POS an asset
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- Someone who just cannot help resolving problems before they start. We do not know how you do it. But keep it coming. Because you will be a superstar when it comes to performing periodic preventative maintenance.
- Driven to tackle any situation thrown at you, but also confident enough to ask for help when you need it. So, if you are ever feeling stuck in your role as a CE I, you would always pull in the proper associate, team member, or territory manager who can help.
- A stickler for record-keeping. This comes in handy when you are asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
- Amazing flexibility and a positive attitude. No. Matter. What. (We are talking nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and being on call to keep our customers happy.)
- Your team in mind, even when you must work solo.
- A strong back. This position must require prolonged travel, rotating shifts, carrying, and lifting tools and parts weighing up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing, and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Standard technicians’ tools:
- Side cutters
- Allen Keys
- Measuring Tape
- Multi-Bit Screwdriver
- 12.7/16 wrench or wrench set