Job Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Type: Permanent/ Full time
We need a Field Service Technician to join our growing team to provide excellent service to our customers’ client’s in Calgary.
- Perform intermediate-to-advanced hardware break-fix services on PCs, laptops, network printers, and servers, etc.
- Perform intermediate-to-advanced IMAC (installs, moves, add, changes) services: hardware roll-outs, refreshes, and other hardware deployment related activities on PCs, laptops, printers, POS devices, etc.
- Handle software installation/support/upgrades.
- Perform intermediate-to-advanced deskside support services installing and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network related issues.
- Perform basic LAN and internetworking related activities.
- Respond/ update/ close calls from National Dispatch/ Call Management Center.
- Perform warranty service calls both commercial and residential clients.
- Perform other types of service calls from our Dispatch/ Call Center as required
- Lead projects and train resources with the assistance of the Project Management Office. Work closely with the Operations team to maximize utility and complete calls or projects as required.
- Certify/ upgrade skillset as required when new customers or technology is introduced.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Have 3 – 5 years of IMAC experience doing hardware roll-outs, refreshes, and other deployment related activities.
- Must have Lenovo experience
- Have 3 – 5 years of deskside support experience.
- Have 3 – 5 years of break-fix experience.
- Have 2 - 5 years of server experience
- Have 2 - 5 years of printer experience
- Have strong internetworking and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have A+ certification
- May have other vendor certifications from OEMs (Dell, Toshiba, HP).
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle at all times.
- Must have a smart phone.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Strong PC repair experience.
- Must have your own IT tool kit and laptop.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must be available to work flexible work schedules.
- Must have a minimum of an IT diploma from a recognized school.