Job Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Lachine, QC H8T 1X5
Starts: January 6, 2020
Our client, offers a spectrum of best-in-class solutions to help businesses communicate, collaborate and compete more effectively. They are Canada’s premier source for high quality paper, packaging and graphic supplies. But we’re much more than a paper distribution company.
They are the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America and the second largest in the world based on production capacity. They believe sustainable operations are a crucial piece of our business strategy and another means of bettering our customer service and product offering. They play a major role in the communities in which our operations are located and are committed to being environmentally responsible. Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits combined with several health and wellness programs. Based out of our office located in Lachine (Quebec), we have a full-time opportunity available within the IT Department.
Field Service Technician (FST) – Lachine, QC
Reporting to the Director of Finance and IT, this position is responsible for providing Tier 1&2 support for the computers and network environments at all locations. Under general supervision, this position will provide technical software, hardware, network and support management services while working closely with the Local Site Coordinator (LSC). The FST collaborates closely with other IT groups to implement and support IT policies and procedures set forth by Domtar. This role will be interacting with all levels of business and/or management.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the daily performance of all desktops, laptops, mobile devices and peripheral equipment at all locations
- Utilize the internal ticketing tool to resolve incidents and change requests in a timely manner
- Promote IT Cyber security best practices on a daily basis via your actions and your communication
- Document issues, problems and actions taken on a daily basis to ensure accurate tracking of activities and the related remediation work
- Ensure hardware assets are updated in the Asset Management System following the standard Domtar procedures
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide 24/7 support
- Guide users through the use of appropriate collaboration tools
- Provide remote diagnostic support for all types of user devices
- Provide audio/video meeting support for local and remote users
- Coordinate IT infrastructure work with other IT work groups and vendors
- Perform support activities including patch installs, incident resolution, account maintenance, etc.
- Perform and/or help support Tier 1&2 hardware break-fix services on PC's, laptops, network printers, servers, etc
- Perform and/or help support Tier 1&2 IMAC (installs, moves, adds, changes) services, hardware roll-outs, refreshes and other hardware deployment related activities on PC's, laptops, phones, video endpoints, printers, wireless hand-helds, etc.
- Perform Tier 1&2 supports services installing and troubleshooting hardware, software and networks; perform preventive maintenance activities
- Provide assistance and guidance to other Business/IT teams as required
- Create internal procedures and best practices for IT related items
- Ability to travel to other locations as required
The Successful Incumbent will have:
- 5+ years of experience with a demonstrated history of achievement and progression utilizing technical skills, technologies and systems in the support of desktops, mobility, servers and/or switching in a corporate environment
- Microsoft and/or Cisco certifications (or equivalents) and a bachelor's degree in Information Technology or other related field
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of technical related problems including LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, IP addresses etc.
- Practical knowledge of Licensing Compliance and Support Agreements for PC, technical and hardware equipment infrastructure
- Technical Skills ~ 5+ years’ experience troubleshooting and resolving printer issues in addition to configuring and installing printers; supporting mobility, desktop and unified communications in a corporate or academic organization; working with MS server software and hardware; working with Physical Network Components (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, IP address, backup power, cabling management etc.); leading and managing technology projects; managing an Active Directory
- Knowledge and understanding of a complex voice and video implementation
Medical and Dental
Vacation: 3 weeks