Job Title: Executive Office Administrator
Location: Markham, ON L3R 9R5 Canada
Start Date: ASAP
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Do you love working in a fast pace environment, where you are constantly make meaningful contributions daily? LOVE working with people in a small family like, entrepreneurial environment? Passionate, dedicated and willing to grind even when the going gets tough? We are looking for an amazing Executive Assistant who is:
- Passionate, dedicated and willing to persevere in the face of adversity
- The type of person who loves working in a small, family-like, entrepreneurial environment
- Great at supporting projects with multiple components and team members involved
- Great at implementing streamlined process methodologies to ensure team members are staying efficient and focused on objectives and outcomes
DETAILED ROLE OVERVIEW
- E-mail filtering, organization and replies as per "Reaction Rules" of Director inbox
- Managing personal and work calendars for Director (i.e., booking, rescheduling, recurring events, etc.)
- Supporting Director in personal tasks and/or delegating to another team member as required
- Creating your role’s “Educational Resource” using SOP templates (i.e., documenting all processes/tasks so to create a centralized repository of custom workflows and best practices)
- Keeping the office rooms organized and in order
- Constantly looking for business process optimization opportunities where costs are minimal
- Play a critical role on the team in ensuring deliverables are always met accurately and on time
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Business Operations Support
- Develop and implement efficiencies to streamline business processes
- Maintain all hard copy and digital records for on-going executive projects
- Comfortable learning, using and eventually automating some tasks using pre-existing software.
- Constantly follow up with necessary points of contacts
- Ability to Problem Solve - develop alternative actionable solutions when information is provided or self-attainable
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision (initial training and support is always provided)
- Impeccable written and oral communications skills
- Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate team members
- Scanning, filing, faxing and filling of documents as needed
- Support Directors and Management with various requests for scheduling calls, meeting setup, etc.
- Joining meetings for note taking and sending out meeting minutes/follow up actions to team members
- Creation and management of all business contacts into outlook system
- Creation of Process documents to create standardization of processes
- Management and Organization of SharePoint site
- Payments to service providers/ vendors or depositing of cheques.
- Organizing/Scheduling of activities or work required
- Purchasing products/supplies/tools as required by the business regularly
- Ensuring receipts and records are kept of all items purchased as required by accounting team
- Ensure items are received and manage returns end to end where necessary
· High Level of Organization: this is CRUCIAL for this role and for your success at our company.
· Detail oriented: Your will be involved in work that requires high attention to detail. Taking notes, listening, asking questions and double checking the work you do is extremely important.
· High Computer proficiency: Very comfortable on the computer using outlook, excel and other Microsoft products and learning new tools on the computer.
· Love to learn/ Growth Mindset: Whether it be new applications required, processes or ways we do things. The learning will be ongoing and continuous with the objective of improving what/how we do, simplifying and reducing complexity!
· Resourceful/Outcome focused: Using different approaches where existing don’t work to achieve the end goal
· Great listening skills: Whether instructions or to feedback
· Positive Attitude/Energy
Team Player/Love to work with others
o Post-secondary education in business, computers, or office management
Office Admin or Similar Position for 3-5+ years
· Finance or accounting experience
· Excel Intermediate Level
· Outlook Expert Level
· SharePoint Intermediate Level
Hours of Operation: 9am - 6pm Monday- Friday
This role is very dynamic in nature and has a big impact to the team!
Efficiency is a big part of our company culture. To us this means being able to do more with less, always finding better, smarter and easier ways to do things without compromising quality. An example of this could look like automatic reordering of supplies regularly so you no longer have to, or adopting a new tool that makes a process so much simpler.
Organization is equally important. It enables your ability to be both efficient and effective. Organization to us means using tools (calendars, SharePoint and other internal tools) to keep things where they need to be. It also means taking appropriate notes when being assigned a task so that the task can be completed to meet expectations. Organization also includes having guides and documents created and in the right places so that yourself and others can easily refer back to be able to complete a task.
Being Detail oriented is key and we need an individual who has an amazing eye for details! Being detail oriented reduces the need to go back and forth between different individuals we work with (internal or external). We always strive to do things right the first time and learn from mistakes quickly so they never occur again. Details are also important in anything related to book keeping and reporting which the business relies upon.
Finally majority of what you will do will be on the computer. It’s CRUCIAL that you are extremely comfortable on the computer and using Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Many of the tools we use can be learnt through online tutorials and courses, requiring you to be open to continuously self-learning to increase your efficiency and in turn making regular tasks easier for you and more impactful towards the team!
More about us:
Our company is comprised of an amazing team of individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are lean in nature and most team members have multi-functioning positions within the company. We are approaching a decade of existence and have experienced tremendous growth and learnings throughout the years and as a result of the different ideas brought forward by past and current team members.
We praise new ideas, new methods of doing things and learning what works and what doesn’t. We promote thinking outside the box to solve problems and often look at how we can simplify or automate any process we do, freeing up valuable time of any team members and making tasks easier to complete!
We strive for an ever evolving company culture and team where we learn, grow and have fun with everyone we work with!
We are looking for the best fit candidate to join our journey and grow with us. If you feel the role description and culture are a perfect fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you and diving even deeper on the role, company and yourself!
CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AN ONLINE PESONALITY ASSESMENT PRIOR TO INTERVIEWING