Job Title: Entry level IT Field Maintenance/ PM Technician
Type: Contract - 2 month
Location: Hamilton, ON
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Valid Drivers licence and clean driving record
- Reliable vehicle
- A+ Certification
- Standard Technician Tools
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Be responsible for basic installation, maintenance, and repairs on equipment within an assigned territory—all while keeping customers completely assured and satisfied. (And in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements, of course.)
- Wield your manual skills and perform work on products like ATMs, POS systems, kiosks, single pocket proof encoders, and workstations.
- Assist in site preparation, including installation of cable, staging of equipment, and minor testing of equipment.
- Be a guardian of all assets used in the delivery of customer services (that’s tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property). Which means you will maintain stellar records and an appropriate parts inventory.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing and stay in contact to make sure we are providing the best possible service
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- Someone who just cannot help resolving problems before they start. We do not know how you do it. But keep it coming. Because you will be a superstar when it comes to performing periodic preventative maintenance.
- Driven to tackle any situation thrown at you, but also confident enough to ask for help when you need it. So, if you are ever feeling stuck in your role as a Service Tech, you would always pull in the proper associate, team member, or territory manager who can help.
- A stickler for record-keeping. Which comes in handy when you are asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
- A High School diploma or equivalent (though we would prefer an associate degree).
- Ability to communicate (verbal and writing) in English
- Up to a year of related experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.
- Amazing flexibility and a positive attitude. No. Matter. What. (We are talking some nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and being on call to keep our customers happy.)
- Your team in mind, even when you must work solo.
- A strong back. This position may require prolonged travel, rotating shifts, carrying, and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing, and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.