Position: Director, Analytics Delivery
Type: Full time
Location: Downtown Toronto
Our client currently has an opening for a Director, Analytics Delivery to join their team in downtown Toronto. In this role , you will be responsible for providing actionable data insights that help to identify strategic and tactical business opportunities and resolve operational issues. You’ll work closely with the business to understand the data needs of different lines of business and craft solutions to support information–based decisions. Moreover, you will be a part of a center for excellence that both provides support/services for BI but also promotes and develops data analytical capabilities across the organization.
- Supporting the execution of the Company’s Data Strategy.
- Managing data request intake, prioritization, estimation and fulfillment.
- Managing stakeholder relationships through setting expectations and open communication channels to ensure the work is being done to drive corporate objectives, while being transparent and accountable to business units.
- Leading the delivery of guided and self-serve analytics through customer portal.
- Analyzing product transactional data, identify business issues/opportunities through analytic approaches and providing actionable insights that will influence business outcomes.
- Working collaboratively with business units to develop modeling/analysis requirements and prioritization.
- Contributing to the Data Strategy benefit realization through the idea generation and cost/benefit evaluation.
- Continuously evaluating research and marketing initiatives to ensure effective usage of company research and marketing budgets.
- Participating in design and development of Market Research programs.
- Bridging data-driven analytics with Market Research to realize mutual benefit.
- Minimum 7 years experience in Analytics field
- University degree in quantitative discipline (Math/Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science) or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in Management of Information Systems and/or Business Intelligence.
- Experience in Cloud Computing and Big Data Analytics.
- Knowledge of IT processes and infrastructure required to support business intelligence and analytics.
- Application development skills to support rapid prototyping.
- Expert knowledge of data query and analysis tools (SQL, R, Spark, Python or equivalent).
- Working knowledge of data analysis methodologies, such as predictive modeling, profiling, segmentation forecasting, operations research and data mining.
- Knowledge of Mathematics/Statistics, Algorithms.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Payment Industry, payments transaction data and process flows.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, communication, problem solving, conflict management,
- Client-focused, customer-driven and able to work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills