Job Title: Digital Workspace Solution Architect
Location: Mississauga ON
Start Date: Mid - Late January, 2021
Our client is looking for a Digital Workspace Solutions Architect (SA) to develop roadmaps and provide technical leadership to key strategic and transformative programs for our client’s Professional Services and Managed Services business with a focus on designing solutions for a range of customers within the mid-market and Enterprise space. The Digital Workspace practice area provides consulting and transformation services encompassing a broad set of technologies and services. The objective of Digital Workspace solutions is to introduce concepts such as analytics, AI, automation, and machine learning to enhance end user experience and productivity and enable innovative and dynamic delivery of applications and services to employees and customers. The Solutions Architect will play a key role in shaping our client’s Digital Workspace Solution Strategy.
- The Solution Architect will lead engagements, encompassing consultative sales, pre-sales and transformation leadership of Digital Workspace solutions to drive increased pipeline and revenue associated with the practice area
- Identify customer pain points and market demand to help define compelling services and solution offerings.
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to translate features and requirements into technical design and act as the lead technical authority on the program or project.
- Work with Data Architecture and Infrastructure consultants and /or project teams to ensure all aspects of the Digital Workspace solutions are defined in conjunction with company standards, policies, priorities, and best practices.
- Facilitate small to large group meetings for reviewing technical architecture, decision making and problem solving.
- Manage the Digital Workspace portfolio in terms of technology currency, business agility, technology evolution, and business value and pursue opportunities to improve efficiencies and TCO.
- Develop Digital Workspace portfolio artifacts (SOW’s, Reports, Customer Deliverables, Sales collateral) and review with leadership team
- Design, develop, and lead PoCs, independently or in collaboration with the professional and managed services teams to evaluate new technologies, tools, and solutions.
- Build strong working relationships across all internal teams
- Identify, evaluate, manage, and execute on strategic customer opportunities
- Drive the creation of SOW’s for Digital Workspace environments with the Sales and PS teams
- Ensure partner programs are leveraged to maximize profitability as it relates to Digital Workspace solutions
- Serve as initial escalation point for technology related pre-sales issues relating to Digital Workspace portfolio
- Partner with sales team to proactively develop plans for professional services with strategic accounts as it relates to the Digital Workspace portfolio
- Broad based technical leadership across that entire Digital Workspace portfolio encompassing areas such as Mobility, remote access, content and collaboration, server and desktop virtualization, networking, and security.
- Lead the development of customer architectural Digital Workspace strategies.
- Analyze customer business and technical requirements and identify Digital Workspace strategy and technical differentiators
- Ensure the IT architectural standards and practices are followed through project and program involvement.
- Integrate current architectures and initiatives as well as initiating and overseeing the deployment of new information technology architecture projects.
- Ensure that infrastructure architectures are flexible and support the business needs by maintaining an understanding of business strategies and infrastructure capabilities.
- Demonstrates strong architectural knowledge, becoming a trusted advisor to customers on all technologies, best practices, and migration methodologies for the Digital Workspace Portfolio.
- Providing cost estimations and solution deliverables for the client
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline OR a combination of relevant experience and education
- 8 years of experience architecting and implementing solutions on large projects with solid understanding of data, security, resilient systems design, integration, and solution development
- Must be proficient in entire Citrix technology portfolio
- 5+ years’ experience in architecting and deploying virtual apps and desktops to end devices running Android, iOS, MacOS, and Windows.
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects and where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- 3+ years’ experience in architecture and design of Active Directory and Federated Identity Providers (ADFS, Ping, Octa).
- Experience with Device Management solutions using a MDM, MAM, or EMM framework.
- Expert knowledge of Enterprise Cloud solutions (ex. AWS, Azure, Soft-layer)
- Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products.
- Experience in developing technology roadmaps and strategies.
- Experience and knowledge with pre-sales process and activities
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present technical topics to “C-Level” clients, technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style with a collaborative attitude.
- Mentorship skills - sharing technical and functional knowledge with team members and colleagues.
- Business acumen – You are able to assist customers and sales teams in the identification of business requirements and use-cases and the positioning of the solutions to meet business objectives and budgets. The ability to articulate and align the business value that Digital Workspace solutions can deliver to the customer is essential.
- Sales enablement – assist Sales team with guidance and education on the products and solutions across a range of customer sizes and types and inspire the team’s capabilities
- Customer retention - Act as a trusted adviser to customers through building knowledge of their environments
- Must be able to present to large audiences at our customer events and be recognized as a technology leader
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience with program/projects involving complex integration of technologies/platforms across functional technical teams
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense technology environment with multiple stakeholders
Accreditation – Attain and maintain relevant accreditation(s);
- Citrix Certified Expert – Virtualization (CCE-V)
- CC-CEM, CC-SHAREFILE, CC-VAD-MA/CC
- Citrix Certified Expert – Networking (CCE-N)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Expert
Nice to Have
- TOGAF®9 Certification
- Project/Program management Accreditations
- VMware Certified Professional – Desktop and Mobility