Job Title: Desktop Support Engineer
Type: Contract - 12 month (possibility of extension)
Location: North York, ON
Starts: January 25, 2021
Ends: January 28, 2022
Pay Rate: $24.00/hr - $27.00/hr; if incorporated, the rate can be higher.
Provide professional assistance to internal and external customers having hardware- and software-related problems with their supported desktop, laptop or peripherals. The successful candidate must be able to resolve local area networking issues to ensure connectivity to the Corporate network, and work with the Infrastructure and Messaging teams as necessary to resolve incidents.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Level-2 and Level-3 technical support for supported desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
- VIP White Glove Support; troubleshooting VIP user issues quickly, with excellent customer service.
- Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of the customers to appropriate technical personnel.
- Creating and maintaining images for standard systems.
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices, company policies, and procedures.
- Troubleshooting and resolving intermediate LAN connectivity incidents.
- Communicate effectively with multiple customers and co-workers and consult with the Service Desk on support calls.
- Providing Case status updates to management and end-users
- Providing phone support and diagnostics to remote customers
- Participating in training programs designed to educate customers about basic and specialized applications.
- Develops, documents, and implements standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to Desktop Managed Services support
- Assess day-to-day activities to minimize customer down-time and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Analyzes problem trends and develops ideas to achieve problem resolution
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience required
- A+ Certification recommended. MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, MCM preferred. MCSA, MCSD and MCSE preferred. ITIL Certification preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of MS Technology related experience in a desktop support role.
- Strong troubleshooting experience with Windows 10, Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) suite of apps.
- Knowledge of M365 suite of apps, like OneDrive, OneNote, Teams, Planner, etc.
- Azure Portal experience; Azure Active Directory, Licensing, Reporting.
- Previous experience supporting and troubleshooting macOS MacBook workstations.
- Previous experience with Audio/Video & Boardroom issues.
- Previous knowledge and experience with WebEx.
- Ability to work on call after hours as required.
- Thorough knowledge of installation, configuration, use and troubleshooting techniques of supported versions of Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities.
- Experience troubleshooting intermediate complex local area network (LAN) and VPN connectivity issues.
- Ability to fluently communicate with executives.