Job Title: Bench Repair Technician (Component Level)
Type: Temporary – 5 business days assumed
Location: Yonge Street, Toronto
Ends: upon completion – assumed 5 business days
Our client is looking for a Bench Repair/Firmware Technician with component level bench repair experience. Technician will be responsible for upgrading monitor’s firmware in client’s office and will be working in a team of 3 technicians. There are currently no company employees on site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Client will provide a 'local site coordinator' to work through duration of the on-site project.
- The Monitor Firmware update is completed within the employee cubicle at the client’s Toronto office.
- Upon completion of the FW upgrade, the monitor 'camera test' needs to be completed via the monitor, docking station and PC configuration resembling the employee user 'cubicle set-up'.
- Daily completion volume via a 3 Tech Team (FAE & 2 Lab Techs) is ~ 100 units/day, with project completion ETA = 5 business days or less.
- Project completion requires Asset List reporting per the information provided by the client.
- 2-3 year experience in component level bench repair is mandatory
- Experienced in practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment of electronic technician trade
- Possess skills of a Depot Bench Repair Technician
- Maintain and repair typical electronic systems
- Nice to have experience repairing desktop, laptops and monitors.
- Order and receive parts and components
- Utilization of system utilities, networking and verification tools to diagnose equipment
- Tracking, reviewing and logging repairs
Educations and Other Requirements
- Post secondary education in Electronics/Computer Science /IT or related field of study
- Experience in component level bench repair
- Experience working on motherboards of electronic equipment
- Knowledge of support tools
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and verbal)