Job Title: Desktop Engineer Level-2
Position: Contract for 5 months (Possibility to renew)
Location: Montreal, QC H3N 1X9
Start date: ASAP
Hours: 9:00am to 5:00 pm/ Monday to Friday
Desktop Engineer II Provide professional assistance to internal and external customers having hardware- and software-related problems with their supported desktop, laptop or peripherals. Able to resolve local area networking issues to ensure connectivity to the Corporate network, and work with the Infrastructure and Messaging teams as necessary to resolve incidents. Support is provided in a timely manner in accordance to published SLAs while maintaining a high level of customer satisfactions.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide Level-2 technical remote & on-site support for supported desktops, laptops, printer, and mobile devices.
This includes the following activities:
- Maintaining standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers.
- Installing, supporting and troubleshooting approved desktop software via SCCM or on-site.
- Performing planned maintenance, install, moves, adds and changes; either remotely or on-site.
- Provide support services to employees with technical problems involving desktop, laptops, mobile devices or network services from local personnel or from employees using network remote access (VPN).
- Provides timely resolution of incidents or escalation on behalf of the customers, liaise with other technical departments to resolve technical issues.
- Installing, supporting and troubleshooting approved Apple or Android devices.
- Mobile Device Management for Apple or Android devices.
- Provide support for with Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Exercises judgment with defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action, take initiative and be pro-active analyzing ticket trends .
- Provide feedback to appropriate teams for creation and maintenance of standard images, document as required.
- Requires little day-to-day supervision; able to work on assigned tickets in queue independently, and ensure SLA s are being met.
- Providing case status updates to management and end-users. Providing phone support and diagnostics to remote customers on VPN. Participating in training programs designed to educate customers about basic and specialized applications.
- Provide feedback and recommendations for KBA, as well as create and update KB Articles for ticketing system wiki. (Knowledge Based Articles)
- May participate in IT projects as required .
REQUIRED SKILL SETS:
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience in a desktop support role
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Nice to have MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, MCM, MCSA, MCSD and MCSE. ITIL Certification preferred
- Strong troubleshooting experience with Windows 10, Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) suite of apps.
- Experience in troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers.
- Experience in installing, supporting and troubleshooting approved desktop software via SCCM or on-site.
- Experience in performing planned maintenance, install, moves, adds and changes; either remotely or on-site
- Experience in installing, supporting and troubleshooting Apple or Android devices.Mobile Device Management for Apple or Android devices.
- Experience in providing support for with Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Ability to work on call after hours as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities.
- Experience troubleshooting intermediate complex local area network (LAN) and VPN connectivity issues.
- Ability to work on call after hours as required either remotely or on-site.
- Communicate effectively with multiple customers and co-workers.
- Able to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.