Title: Deskside Technician
Target start date: May 20th 2019
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 4 months with a probability for an extension
Provide Deskside Support to end users with their hardware, software, and networking technical issues, sometimes set up meeting rooms, deal with day to day networking and hardware issues on site with end user PCs, printers and smart phones.
- Perform intermediate-to-advanced deskside support services installing and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network related issues
- Perform intermediate-to-advanced IMAC (installs, moves, add, changes) services: hardware roll-outs, refreshes, and other hardware deployment related activities on PCs, laptops, printers etc.
- Imaging and configuration of various hardware i.e. laptops, tablets, desktops, printers, scan guns etc
- Handle software installation/support/upgrades
- Provide 1st/2nd level Help Desk support
- Perform basic LAN and internetworking related activities
- Communicate with customers to diagnose problem, establish E.T.A., and parts requirement
- Basic computer skill A+ certification
- Experience with desktop imaging, support, telephony(nice to have but willing to train the right person), Basic networking
- Ticketing system, mobile devices.
- SCCM and other software knowledge
- Administrative – Ticketing system experience, email, vendor communication
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Customer focused
- Traditional telephony experience an asset
- Good attitude and team player
- Good out of the box thinking, good troubleshooting ability with attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly to deliver on timelines
Individual must have a car as there will be some travel between the client’s warehouses and the office, maximum 10 km per trip. There will be a mileage expense
Individual MUST have a Safety shoes on order to work in warehouse environments. Must be able to lift 25 to 50 lbs.