Job Title: Deskside Support Technician
Location: Toronto, M5J 1S9
Duration: 9 Months
Schedule: Monday – Friday Regular Business Hours
Must have access to a vehicle as they may commute.
Assist with site move Support to end users with their hardware, software, and networking technical issues as level 2.
• Perform intermediate-to-advanced IMAC (installs, moves, add, changes) services: hardware roll-outs, refreshes, and other hardware deployment related activities on PCs, laptops, printers, POS devices, etc.
• Perform intermediate-to-advanced deskside support services installing and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network related issues
• Handle software installation/support/upgrades
• Provide 1st/2nd level Help Desk support
• Perform basic LAN and inter networking related activities
• Communicate with customers to diagnose problem, establish E.T.A., and parts requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
• Have Minimum 4 years of deskside support experience
• Have Minimum 4 years of IMAC experience doing hardware roll-outs, refreshes, and other deployment related activities
• Have Minimum 4 years of break-fix experience
• Have strong internetworking and troubleshooting skills
• Have A+ certification & at least one certification from either Cisco or Microsoft
• May have other vendor certifications from OEMs (Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo, HP)
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to manage multiple tasks
• Can act in a Team Lead capacity
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Ability to complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision
• Must be available to work flexible work schedules
• Must have a minimum of a Diploma from a recognized IT program
• High-level skill set
• Outstanding people skills
• Self-starter, needs to be able to work on his/her own
• Able to assist users with issues after their deployments (all deployments are zero-touch that were completed the night before).
• Proficient in Windows 7 /Office 2013