Title: Deskside Support Technician
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: May 13th 2019
Provide Deskside Support to end users with their hardware, software, and networking technical issues, sometimes set up meeting rooms for clients, deal with day to day networking and hardware issues on site with end user PCs, printers and smart phones.
- Perform intermediate-to-advanced IMAC (installs, moves, add, changes) services: hardware roll-outs, refreshes, and other hardware deployment related activities on PCs, laptops, printers, etc.
- Perform intermediate-to-advanced deskside support services installing and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network related issues
- Handle software installation/support/upgrades
- Provide 1st/2nd level Help Desk support
- Perform basic LAN and internetworking related activities
- Communicate with customers to diagnose problem, establish E.T.A., and parts requirements
Our Client's IT Department will require additional manpower in order to assist in various stages of our Windows Upgrade Project during 2019. Details of these work stages are described below.
Stage 1: Laptop Upgrade to Windows 10
- Approx. 150 Laptops to be upgraded. Currently running Windows 7 Pro.
- Majority of hardware to be used are Dell laptops and newer models.
- Plan is for project lead to contact all 150 staff and schedule them to bring their devices to the tech room at City Hall.
- Once equipment has been received at City Hall our contract services partner will perform upgrade steps
Stage 2: Remote Facility PC Replacement
- Approx 126 PCs to be replace with new hardware, new Windows 10 image. Various locations.
- Majority of hardware to be replaced are Dell OptiPlex models. Windows 7 Pro.
- Plan is for project lead to contact staff and managers to schedule replacement of their PC.
Stage 3: Desktop Virtualization Program
- Approx. 100 Win7 Pro physical PCs to be replaced with 10Zig zero clients.
- Project lead will create virtual desktops running Win10 to be in advance and contact managers and staff to schedule date/time to swap to new hardware and virtual desktop.
- Majority of Hardware to be replaced are GX7020 and older models.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Have 3 – 5 years of deskside support experience
- Have 3 – 5 years of IMAC experience doing hardware roll-outs, refreshes, and other deployment related activities
- Have 3 – 5 years of break-fix experience
- Have strong internetworking and troubleshooting skills
- Have A+ certification & at least one certification from either Cisco or Microsoft
- May have other vendor certifications from OEMs (Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo, HP)
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Can act in a Team Lead capacity
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision
- Must be available to work flexible work schedules
- Must have a minimum of a Diploma from a recognized IT program
- High-level skill set
- Outstanding people skills
- Self-starter, needs to be able to work on his/her own
- Able to assist users with issues after their deployments (all deployments are zero-touch that were completed the night before).
- Proficient in Windows 7/10 /Office 2013/O365