Job Title: Deskside Support Technician
Type: Contract - 12 months
Location: Explorer Drive, Mississauga ON L4W 4H1
Starts: October 1st, 2020
Ends: 12 months (renewable)
Schedule: Monday - Friday - 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Must Have Skills:
- 3+ years of deskside support experience
- Communication skills must be excellent
- Minimum of operating system knowledge includes Microsoft Windows.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking, hubs and switches Knowledge of CAT 5 & CAT 3 cabling termination
- Support of computer networks, as directed by a Level II or III Engineer/Technician
- Lifting - Ability to lift weight as per regional guidelines from the floor to desktop height
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service and support for designated equipment.
- Escalates problems to appropriate next level of support when necessary.
- Monitors assigned service calls to ensure timely completion.
- Time reporting, expense reporting, and other required reports are accurate and submitted on time.
- Meets/exceeds various service levels as established by assignment (calls per day, ETA’s, on-time response, administrative call closure, customer satisfaction).
- Responsible for ensuring on-going maintenance and development of positive customer relationships with all business partners and customers.
Skills Matrix:Will perform desktop computer “Break/Fix” support and Simple to Complex Installation, Add, or Change requirements of peripherals & Device Drivers. Can provide low level Smart Hands support