Job Title: Deskside Support Technician
Type: Contract- 4 Weeks (possibility of extension)
Location: Welland, Ontario, Canada
Starts: February 24th, 2020
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service and support for designated equipment.
- Escalates problems to appropriate next level of support when necessary.
- Monitors assigned service calls to ensure timely completion.
- All time reporting, expense reporting, and other required reports are accurate and submitted on time. Meets/exceeds various service levels as established by assignment (calls per day, ETA’s, on-time response, administrative call closure, customer satisfaction)
- Responsible for ensuring on-going maintenance and development of positive customer relationships with all business partners and customers
- Will perform desktop computer “Break/Fix” support and Simple to Complex Installation, Add, or Change requirements of peripherals & Device Drivers.
- Can provide low level Smart Hands support.
- Minimum of 2-3 years direct PC and Laptop Hardware Service experience.
- In pursuit of or possession of Associate’s Degree in Electronics, formal PC hardware service courses, or similar military related training Comp TIA, A+ Certification (Hardware & Software)
- Proficiency in desktop support of Clients’ individual PCs.
- Minimum of operating system knowledge includes Microsoft Windows.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking, hubs and switches Knowledge of CAT 5 & CAT 3 cabling termination
- Support of computer networks, as directed by a Level II or III Engineer/Technician
- Lifting - Ability to lift weight as per regional guidelines from the floor to desktop height