Title: Deskside Support Technician
Type: 3-week Contract
Location: Bloor Street East, Toronto
Start Date: February 10th, 2020
End Date: February 28th, 2020
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Perform desktop computer “Break/Fix” support and Simple to Complex Installation, Add, or Change requirements of peripherals & Device Drivers. Smart Hands support.
- Provide quality customer service and support for designated equipment.
- Escalates problems to appropriate next level of support when necessary.
- Monitor assigned service calls to ensure timely completion.
- all time reporting, expense reporting, and other required reports are accurate and submitted on time.
- Meets/exceeds various service levels as established by assignment (calls per day, ETA’s, on-time response, administrative call closure, customer satisfaction)
- Responsible for ensuring on-going maintenance and development of positive customer relationships with all business partners and customers
- Minimum of 2-3 years direct PC and Laptop Hardware Service experience.
- In the pursuit of or possession of an associate degree in Electronics, formal PC hardware service courses, or similar related training Comp TIA, A+ Certification (Hardware & Software)
- Proficiency in desktop support of Clients’ individual PCs.
- Minimum of operating system, knowledge includes Microsoft Windows.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking, hubs and switches Knowledge of CAT 5 & CAT 3 cabling termination
- Support of computer networks, as directed by a Level II or III Engineer/Technician
- Lifting - Ability to lift weight as per regional guidelines from the floor to desktop height