Job Title: Deskside Support Technician
Type: Contract - 1 month
Location: Mississauga, L5N 2W8
Starts: November 20th, 2019
Our client is looking for an IT Support Technician who will be responsible for Kitting Imaged devices at their Office in Mississauga.
Activities include but limited to:
- End-user Support
- Network printer staging, set-up & installation
- Client computing staging, set-up & installation – laptops, desktop, mobile devices, etc.
- IMAC activities within the office environment
- Changes to the hardware
- Inventory and asset management of IT H/W devices
- Data migration/data swap between devices or on the network
- Hardware disposal
- Some end-user S/W program support
- Some LAN and internetworking related activities within the network closet or on the Rack “SmartHands” type support.
- “Smart hands” means a technical resource having adequate technical skills and qualifications to perform the duties and functions as described to him/her via remote means – phone, email, other.
Must have strong communication skills, an upbeat personality, and the ability to work within a team of young professionals.
French is nice to have
Must be able to work flexible hours in some cases (nights/weekends but not often)
- Perform intermediate-to-advanced IMAC (installs, moves, add, changes) services: hardware rollouts, refreshes, and other hardware deployment-related activities on PCs, laptops, printers, POS devices, etc.
- Perform intermediate-to-advanced deskside support services installing and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network-related issues
- Handle software installation/support/upgrades
- Provide 1st/2nd/re-level Help Desk support
- Perform basic LAN and internetworking related activities
- Communicate with customers to diagnose the problem, establish E.T.A., and parts requirements
- Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Have 3 – 5 years of deskside support experience
- Have 3 – 5 years of IMAC experience doing hardware rollouts, refreshes, and other deployment-related activities
- Have 3 – 5 years of break-fix experience
- Have strong internetworking and troubleshooting skills
- Have A+ certification & at least one certification from either Cisco or Microsoft
- May have other vendor certifications from OEMs (Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo, HP)
- Must be a self-starter and can manage multiple tasks
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision
- Must be available to work flexible work schedules
- Must have a minimum of a Diploma from a recognized IT program
- High-level skillset
- Outstanding people skills
- Self-starter needs to be able to work on his/her own
- Proficient in Windows 7 /O365