Job Title: Deskside Support Technician
Type: Contract- 3 years (possibility of extension)
Location: Welland, Ontario
Starts: October 1, 2019
Ends: October 1, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
Our client is seeking a Deskside Support Technician to provides quality customer service and support for designated equipment. You will be doing the following:
Will perform desktop computer “Break/Fix” support and simple to complex installation, add, or change requirements of peripherals & device drivers.
- Minimum of 2-3 years direct PC and laptop hardware service experience.
- In pursuit of or possession of Associate’s Degree in Electronics, formal PC hardware service courses, or similar military related training of CompTIA A+ Certification (Hardware & Software)
- Proficiency in desktop support of Clients’ individual PCs
- Minimum of operating system knowledge includes: Microsoft Windows.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking, hubs and switches Knowledge of CAT 5 & CAT 3 cabling termination
- Support of computer networks, as directed by a Level II or III Engineer/Technician
- Lifting - Ability to lift weight as per regional guidelines from the floor to desktop height